The Newsroom

BBC NEWS CUTS

Cuts reactivated - P43 onwards

NE
Newsroom Banned from this forum
Indeed, have these other broadcasters just paid for a title rather than the content

It’s like as if they axed Newsnight, and just simulcast the news channel for an hour, and still called it Newsnight!

Outside Source shouldn’t exist now all that finger touching on screen it should be axed.

Touchscreens are fine if sanitised between users...

Studio J has not been in use since CV started, there is no need for Outside Source to exist. It was a nonsense idea from the start - my personal opinion, harsh perhaps but when think that John King's 'Magic Wall' has been in use for twice as long as 'Outside Source' it was was nothing new from the word go.
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
I'm going to keep my mouth shut until September, but if the current format in the evenings and during the day doesn't see the slightest of adjustment by then I will be a bit suprised.
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
I'm going to keep my mouth shut until September, but if the current format in the evenings and during the day doesn't see the slightest of adjustment by then I will be a bit suprised.

It'll be interesting to see what happens.
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West

That's of course assuming the BBC makes it to September.. Wink
RN

That's of course assuming ANYTHING makes it to September Wink
WH
what West Country (East) Points West

Half of furloughed workers are now back at work. The economy is reopening. Flights and holidays have resumed, bars, shops and restaurants are open. People are spending as much, if not more than they did before the pandemic.

We’ll be OK. The NHS will now have the time to prepare for a second wave, and if all goes well, we should start to see a working vaccine in place by early next year.
Last edited by what on 2 August 2020 4:00pm
AndrewPSSP, JamesWorldNews and harshy gave kudos
MA
Matrix London London
what posted:

Half of furloughed workers are now back at work. The economy is reopening. Flights and holidays have resumed, bars, shops and restaurants are open. People are spending as much, if not more than they did before the pandemic.

We’ll be OK. The NHS will now have the time to prepare for a second wave, and if all goes well, we should start to see a working vaccine in place by early next year.

Might want to tell that to people in Greater Manchester, East Lancashire, and West Yorkshire Wink
itsrobert, what and BBI45 gave kudos
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
what posted:

Might want to tell that to people in Greater Manchester, East Lancashire, and West Yorkshire Wink

Yes I'm travelling to central London every day for work. It's like a Sunday morning there, every morning.
Doesn't feel like a return to a vibrant economy to me
itsrobert, Matrix and Critique gave kudos
RN
what posted:

And Leicester. 😯
WH
what West Country (East) Points West
what posted:

Yes I'm travelling to central London every day for work. It's like a Sunday morning there, every morning.

Really? Because the retail parks, shops and restaurants near where I live have been packed recently.
DO
dosxuk Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
what posted:

And Leicester. 😯

And anyone working in the live events / arts industries, even the salaried ones, many of who will get their redundancy notices in the coming days as the furlough scheme closes with no sign of work restarting. If you're planning to go to a show / concert / festival in the next 18 months, make sure you have alternative plans, many of the companies that make those events possible are going to close down in the next few weeks unless the government steps up.
Rolling News and Brekkie gave kudos
JO
Jon Recently warned Central (West) Midlands Today
what posted:

Really? Because the retail parks, shops and restaurants near where I live have been packed recently.

Makes sense to me. I guess your retail parks aren’t largely reliant on international tourism.

People have been saying the city centres are dead, whilst the smaller towns won’t be as hard hit.

I can’t see why many people would be traveling into Central London.

Newer posts