The Newsroom

Sky News | October 2019 Onwards

AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
But what is being rewarded? Emily Maitlis did a great interview, no doubt, but otherwise it was the 2 of them sat there talking. It hit the headlines because they captured the things he said.
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
But what is being rewarded? Emily Maitlis did a great interview, no doubt, but otherwise it was the 2 of them sat there talking. It hit the headlines because they captured the things he said.

The Maitlis interview became the news, and there is a certain journalistic skill in achieving that. It really doesn't matter that it wasn't live. Bashir did the same with the Diana interview 24 years before, and Frost with Nixon in 1977.
SO
Soupnzi Recently warned London London

It’s not just the doing....it’s the getting. No one got close to persuading him to do anything similar. For the two of them to be er ‘sat there talking’ it took some incredible journalistic zeal. I think a few people on here watch vast amounts of news, but don’t necessarily get what ‘news’ is (and I appreciate this is a pres forum of course).
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
I get what ‘news’ is perfectly well thank you. I just happen to think that what was reported from Hong Kong was more important and took a lot more work to achieve.
SO
Soupnzi Recently warned London London
I get what ‘news’ is perfectly well thank you. I just happen to think that what was reported from Hong Kong was more important and took a lot more work to achieve.

from your last post it wasn’t clear that you did! I’m sure everyone’s quite bored of this now so apologies to all.
IS
Inspector Sands

There have been quite a lot of plans which have never come to fruition! Studio 6 was originally supposed to have a glass ceiling so you could look into the studio from the newsroom above, but then someone pointed out that there would be an entire lighting grid in the way - after it was built, I think!

And the recent upskirting legislation would have stopped that too Very Happy
ST
Stuart West Country (West) Spotlight
Is this part of the new Sky News studio set at Millbank that is currently undergoing rehearsals? The 'trilite beam' seems an interesting design feature.
SK
skyviewer
Is this part of the new Sky News studio set at Millbank that is currently undergoing rehearsals? The 'trilite beam' seems an interesting design feature.

Nope.
It is part of the temporary set that was meant to be used during the works. This never really happened due to the C word.
VA
valley

Nope.
It is part of the temporary set that was meant to be used during the works. This never really happened due to the C word.

Yeah. They were supposed to decamp out to that set (which incorporates the desk used for the Westminster part of last year’s GE coverage) but didn’t because they had to move all presentation to Osterley.
SK
skyviewer
hopefully they revamp and leave the window to the newsroom backdrop. Would be nice having a news wall there were the blue wall showing the three website screens was.
VA
valley
Bit of a weather mix-up just now - moved on to Friday's weather too early, resulting in the placeholder making an appearance... and then a black screen.
VA
valley
Fatima Manji tweeted about half an hour ago that Ch4 News would be showing the footage and a "first interview" with Dawn Butler, but Sky just showed a snippet of the footage and part of an interview with Butler...

Newer posts