The Newsroom

BBC NEWS CUTS

Cuts reactivated - P43 onwards

JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
^ Aptly, just watched an episode of classic Corrie where one character (Tricia Armstrong/Tracy Brabin MP) has just been jailed for seven days for failure to pay the fine associated with an earlier failure to have a TV Licence.

This, of course, has nothing to do with the cost cutting at BBC News.

Moving on.....
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Do they still have detector vans?
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
JW
Do they still have detector vans?

Yes, I think Mike Baldwin had the franchise........
HA
harshy Founding member
I don’t understand how Focus on Africa is on but other shows like impact and Live with have disappeared can’t they just flick the switch in studio c like they do on Focus on Africa.
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
I don’t understand how Focus on Africa is on but other shows like impact and Live with have disappeared can’t they just flick the switch in studio c like they do on Focus on Africa.

I think it's because Focus on Africa is genuinely a bit more than just BBC News with different music, a bit of colour and more standing up.
JW
It's because Focus on Africa (and Outside Source) are sold to other broadcasters. So BBC World has a contractual obligation to still make those programmes.

cmthwtv - your post above is quite possibly the best I've ever seen on TVF.
NE
Newsroom
It's because Focus on Africa (and Outside Source) are sold to other broadcasters. So BBC World has a contractual obligation to still make those programmes.

Regardless of whether they are sold to to other broadcasters, Outside Source at the moment and for the foreseeable future is just a generic BBC World News bulletin with Ross dressed casually and different titles. Seems a b it ridiculous.
Please excuse any typing errors. I am on my third butterfly keyboard (Mac). An update is due the minute what I want is released. Smile
Cardiffian and harshy gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

Regardless of whether they are sold to to other broadcasters, Outside Source at the moment and for the foreseeable future is just a generic BBC World News bulletin with Ross dressed casually and different titles. Seems a b it ridiculous.

Indeed, have these other broadcasters just paid for a title rather than the content

It’s like as if they axed Newsnight, and just simulcast the news channel for an hour, and still called it Newsnight!
AN
all new Phil Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Who are all these other broadcasters paying for Outside Source? Only one I can see is PBS in America.
MA
Markymark Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today

Mr Capita hasn't been knocking on doors since March and has even stopped writing to people at addresses without licences since the start of the Covid outbreak.

We've just spent a year refurbishing a house, while living in rented accommodation (the last 4 months were a laugh). From two weeks after moving out letters started arriving, getting more and more threatening. I just ignored them. No idea if Mr Capita actually turned up to inspect or not, but the letters simply stopped around Christmas time (which was when the place had no roof on it !).
HA
harshy Founding member

Indeed, have these other broadcasters just paid for a title rather than the content

It’s like as if they axed Newsnight, and just simulcast the news channel for an hour, and still called it Newsnight!

Outside Source shouldn’t exist now all that finger touching on screen it should be axed.
VA
valley

Outside Source shouldn’t exist now all that finger touching on screen it should be axed.

Touchscreens are fine if sanitised between users...

Newer posts