The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas

IS
Inspector Sands

I would argue that as irreverent as it often was, most of Danny Baker's shows are intelligent chat. Just not the same formulaic political/news based ones we seem to have to have from the three commercial talk stations these days.

Indeed, it's why I'm so off speech radio as there's very little thats not news.

I agree with you that his show was intelligent, my point was more that its not like Saturday mornings have suddenly changed from a news format to entertainment
HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
Definitely know its the holiday season, especially today on the teatime news, main stories are reported by Vivienne Nunis from BBC Business on World (previously New York) and Gerry Jackson from Look North Cumbria.
TI
tightrope78 UTV Newsline
The main story on last night’s Ten was from Political Correspondent Leila Nathoo. Is she new? Also, is she the most senior reporter not on holiday?
SO
Soupnzi Recently warned London London
A reminder of why 5 Live continues to be a complete and utter no-go zone. At that time tomoz, Matt Frei on LBC will be offering the sort of intelligent chat 5 Live used to have.

Er, that was Danny Bakers slot for about 10 years. Suppose it depends if you think The Sausage Sandwich Game was 'intelligent chat' or not

Er, I’m going back further than 10 years. And the idea that the likes of Nihal or Tony Livesey are any sort of replacement for Simon Mayo, Peter Allen, Allan Robb is reflected in the listening figures. I agree re Emma Barnett being good though.
MI
m_in_m Anglia (East) Look East
The main story on last night’s Ten was from Political Correspondent Leila Nathoo. Is she new? Also, is she the most senior reporter not on holiday?

Leila isn't new and has been a political correspondent for some years now. I think around the Salisbury poisoning she was seconded into the Home Affairs unit.
AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today

Most definitely not the most senior reporter not on holiday as Chris Mason was on breakfast this morning. Although I suppose on paper it goes something like Laura, Vicki, (Rob Watson), everyone else (I think that currently being Chris, Leila, Alex Forsyth, Nick Eardley, Jonathan Blake, Helen Catt, Ben Wright and Iain Watson) with regional political correspondents for cover.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse Central (West) Midlands Today
AlexS posted:

Most definitely not the most senior reporter not on holiday as Chris Mason was on breakfast this morning. Although I suppose on paper it goes something like Laura, Vicki, (Rob Watson), everyone else (I think that currently being Chris, Leila, Alex Forsyth, Nick Eardley, Jonathan Blake, Helen Catt, Ben Wright and Iain Watson) with regional political correspondents for cover.

Plus Jessica Parker
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Also Susana Mendonça.
Is Ross Hawkins still there?
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
AS
AlexS Central (East) Midlands Today
Also Susana Mendonça.

Isn't Susana Mendonca technically still BBC London's political correspondent, rather than one of the pool of BBC News political correspondents?
Not too sure about Ross Hawkins because he has always appeared almost exclusively on radio so not having seen him on TV for some time doesn't mean much in his case.
LL
London Lite Founding member London London
AlexS posted:
Also Susana Mendonça.

Isn't Susana Mendonca technically still BBC London's political correspondent, rather than one of the pool of BBC News political correspondents?

She is, BBC Radio London is her main gig.
FI
Fitzer New member
Also Susana Mendonça.

Ross Hawkins is described as 'Political correspondent, BBC Radio 4 Today' on the BBC website.
NE
News96 Look North (Yorkshire)
And it seems we have a new name to add in terms of Political Correspondents-Tony Bonsingore (unless he's from one of the regions) as he's covering the story about the unnamed Tory MP that has been arrested.

Newer posts