The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
Martine's shifts seem to be pretty solid at the moment which is great! I would love to see Lucy Hockings on the NC/Network but it never seems to happen........yet!

Lucy Hockings is exceptional so it's likely World will want to keep her.

I think it's unpredictable when you consider Lyse and Mishal's paths at the BBC. I use to chat to Lyse on AIM after work experience and THEN, not now, accents etc provided issues. Now of course we all know, these issues are all but gone. I am sure, and having had various chats with Lyse that back then (1995+) that she would never have imagined she'd be in the position she's in. She didn't appear on Network News for over a decade after starting with world.

I really hope Lucy lands up on the NC/Network. She is as you say RN - exceptional!
JF
JF World News
I know everyone has their own views with regards to pres on world and now more so since there is so much simulcasting; BUT - I can’t bare LVG! (Lewis Vaughn Jones). Elevated like DAVROS!

I find him utterly unwatchable. World have a plethora of talent and personally I feel we are deserved of more than LVG.

I agree. However, his wife, Hannah, is very good. She was a regular CNN London presenter until she went on maternity leave last year. Then 2020 began and the usual schedules went out the window, so not sure if she will be back on CNN or not.
Last edited by JF World News on 31 July 2020 7:04pm
AS
AlexS
I know everyone has their own views with regards to pres on world and now more so since there is so much simulcasting; BUT - I can’t bare LVG! (Lewis Vaughn Jones). Elevated like DAVROS!

I find him utterly unwatchable. World have a plethora of talent and personally I feel we are deserved of more than LVG.

I agree. However, his wife, Hannah, is very good. She was a regular CNN London presenter until she went on maternity leave last year. Then 2020 began and the usual schedules went out the window, so not sure if she will be back on CNN or not.

If Hannah joins BBC you would need to think childcare, couldn't you in theory have one on News Channel & one on World

I think it's pretty safe to say that Hannah won't be joining the BBC any time soon (at least on a regular basis), simply because they are looking at reducing the headcount and not increasing it. At the same time it is totally inappropriate to suggest that any individual would be unable to do something for 'childcare' reasons as such decisions are entirely for parents to decide and shouldn't be influenced by employers or any other outsiders (beyond those who are being expected to care for the child).
NE
Newsroom

If Hannah joins BBC you would need to think childcare, couldn't you in theory have one on News Channel & one on World

Child care? WOW. Perhaps delete, that's really off topic.
Matthew_Fieldhouse and Rolling News gave kudos
HO
House
Sorry if I’ve missed this discussed somewhere already, but Krishnan Guru-Murthy of Channel 4 News was co-presenting Five Live Breakfast all this week with Rachel Burden, which seemed an odd choice to me. I know Channel 4 News presenters are often allowed to host radio shows (Matt Frei and Cathy Newman each have a weekly show on LBC and Times Radio, respectively), but I found it surprising the BBC would go to an outside broadcaster to cover a week of a radio programme at a time when colleagues across the institution are being told they face redundancy, and presenters are staff will be expected to cross over platforms and channels more frequently. Is there context to this I’m missing, or does it seem rather peculiar to others too?
CM
cmthwtv
And speaking of Guru-Murthy... does Geeta still present on World? She seems to be practically one of the main relief presenters on the news channel.
NE
Newsroom
And speaking of Guru-Murthy... does Geeta still present on World? She seems to be practically one of the main relief presenters on the news channel.

To my knowledge her shifts have been simulcast only. I welcome anyone to please correct me.

Hands up! I berated her handling of the Notre Dame coverage - it was appalling, but zero complicate since. She’s a top choice.
RN
Rolling News
Before lockdown she frequently did one of the Saturday shifts on the News Channel as well as being one of the pool of presenters on the weekday evening shift. Also done Newsroom Live and Afternoon Live once or twice.
JF
JF World News
Also note Geeta's old world shift doesn't exist anymore pre-covid
AS
AlexS

Not sure what shift you're referring to but she hasn't done the 7-10am shift which is the last regular shift I think she had since (at the latest) that presenter also did Worklife, pre lockdown that was David Eades Monday, Thursday and Friday and Karin G on Tuesday and Wednesday
RN
Rolling News

Was that the World News Today shift at weekends?
JW
JamesWorldNews

Was that the World News Today shift at weekends?

8, 9 and 10am Monday to Wednesday. (UK time).

Newer posts