TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

2017 (January 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
GO
gottago
I've just noticed something rather unusual on a programme on ITV Hub.

It was at the end of the 2nd part of Prince Charles - Inside The Duchy of Cornwall, which was shown on ITV3 on Sunday (which was a repeat from last year).

It featured a "BBC Studios for ITV" endcap, followed by a "Distributed by Fremantle" sting.

The Fremantle sting seemed a bit odd, and wasn't included at the end of the 1st part which was shown the week before.

It's correct according to this but that is very odd and can't think of why Fremantle would be distributing it instead of the BBC.

https://www.bbcstudios.com/case-studies/prince-charles-inside-the-duchy-of-cornwall/
JO
Jonwo

It's correct according to this but that is very odd and can't think of why Fremantle would be distributing it instead of the BBC.

https://www.bbcstudios.com/case-studies/prince-charles-inside-the-duchy-of-cornwall/

Perhaps they have shows which have outside funding where Fremantle gets distribution rights in exchange. A recent example of this was Channel 5's Battle of Britain doc which was made by Lion Television, they're owned by All3Media but the show was distributed by Cineflix.
TV
iloveTV1
The ‘Rolling In It’ gameshow begins on Saturday 8th August at 6.25pm.
BR
Brekkie
ITV have released their press release for the autumn schedule. Soaps will return to six times a week in mid-September, I'm a Celebrity goes ahead and as previously announced BGT and The Voice finish their series on Saturday nights. Entertainment wise their main new commission is Don't Rock the Boat, with 12 celebs rowing from Lands End to John O'Groats. Soccer Aid will also return being played behind closed doors.

The drama slate seems very poor though, I guess as a consequence of the lock down. Only four are mentioned, and between them they only total 15 episodes.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-packs/itv-announces-its-2020-autumn-schedule-brand-new-entertainment-drama-factual-and-daytime
JE
Jez Founding member
ITV have released their press release for the autumn schedule. Soaps will return to six times a week in mid-September, I'm a Celebrity goes ahead and as previously announced BGT and The Voice finish their series on Saturday nights. Entertainment wise their main new commission is Don't Rock the Boat, with 12 celebs rowing from Lands End to John O'Groats. Soccer Aid will also return being played behind closed doors.

The drama slate seems very poor though, I guess as a consequence of the lock down. Only four are mentioned, and between them they only total 15 episodes.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-packs/itv-announces-its-2020-autumn-schedule-brand-new-entertainment-drama-factual-and-daytime

Just posted in the Emmerdale thread about the soaps going back to 6 a week. No surprise with that at all!

The Voice and BGT provides a convenient replacement for X Factor which wouldn't be airing anyway this autumn Covid or not.
JA
JAS84
Yeah, the original plan was apparently Stars in Their Eyes, but that obviously can't go ahead now.
JO
Jon
JAS84 posted:
Yeah, the original plan was apparently Stars in Their Eyes, but that obviously can't go ahead now.

Wasn’t it a show that was initially said to be a new version of Stars in their Eyes, but turned out to just be a format with a similar premise?
SC
Score

I believe they do have some more dramas on the shelf, but seem to be saving them for early 2021. Guess they’re being cautious in case there’s further disruption to filming. Apparently “about a dozen” dramas are going back into production soon.

I think all things considered though it’s a respectable Autumn slate with a fair bit more new content than might have been expected a few months back. I’m sure there will still be some repeat nights and I’m a Celebrity is going to be challenging but if they can pull that off then they’ll have done very well.

Also confirms that BGT will be weekly which I think we knew already. Will be a tight squeeze to fit it in between the end of America’s Got Talent in mid-September and the start of I’m a Celebrity in mid-November. Assume Cowell and Ant & Dec will be tested repeatedly rather than having to quarantine for a fortnight each which would mean at least one of them would have to miss multiple shows.
TV
iloveTV1
Score posted:

Also confirms that BGT will be weekly which I think we knew already. Will be a tight squeeze to fit it in between the end of America’s Got Talent in mid-September and the start of I’m a Celebrity in mid-November. Assume Cowell and Ant & Dec will be tested repeatedly rather than having to quarantine for a fortnight each which would mean at least one of them would have to miss multiple shows.

I've done the maths, they have 3 The Voice shows and 7 BGT Shows. That's 10 shows, presuming the BGT shows follow their usual format. If they have the BGT recap show on Saturday 19th, which would be the same potential night as The Voice UK Final, then have the BGT lives follow, finishing by 31st October. Even better, although this may mean BGT clashes with AGT, would be to have The Voice recap show on 29th August, before The Voice Kids final. I see this as unlikely though, because they will still have Rolling In It airing, and the obvious solution would be to have the recap show before the final. This would leave them with this:

6pm - Rolling In It
7pm - The Voice Recap
8pm - The Voice Kids Final

However, this would mean that TVK doesn't finish until 10pm, unless Rolling In It takes a week off. Anyway, I doubt the first BGT live show will be ready to broadcast on 19th September, especially if Simon has to quarantine after coming back from the USA. 31st October would be fine for the final of BGT, possibly delaying to 1st November as I believe the Six Nations final is on 31st October. Starting I'm A Celebrity on 22nd November would allow this to work.
JO
Jonwo
It's more likely The Voice recap is will air the week after The Voice Kids rather than air on the same night.
PE
peterh
You sound familiar or whatever is called was offering tickets for 2021 earlier somewhere else
TV
iloveTV1
A very confusing decision on how to show the voice kids final, especially when considering that either the adult version or BGT will be live two weeks after.

https://www.whatsontv.co.uk/news/the-voice-kids-final-details-confirmed-and-how-you-can-get-involved-630525/

Newer posts