TV Home Forum

ITV 2020 - Presentation refresh

Split from ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates (July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
True and it always used to annoy me iPlayer got so much credit for what I thought at the time was an inferior product to 4oD. That said though iPlayer set the model for what on demand players would become and most today share more in common with the early iPlayer than the original 4oD.
PF
PFML84
On a side note about players, I downloaded Dplay on my Samsung TV and found that if you watch anything on catch-up, they stream it in HD. Something that ITV Hub, All 4 and My 5 still don't do (to the best of my knowledge).
GO
gottago
On a side note about players, I downloaded Dplay on my Samsung TV and found that if you watch anything on catch-up, they stream it in HD. Something that ITV Hub, All 4 and My 5 still don't do (to the best of my knowledge).

Sorry to also be off topic but did you download it from the Samsung TV app store because I can't see it on there?
PF
PFML84
Yes, I did. I just searched for it and it came up. It is a 2019 7 series TV model UE43RU7100. I'm not sure if different models have different app stores?
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Yes, I did. I just searched for it and it came up. It is a 2019 7 series TV model UE43RU7100. I'm not sure if different models have different app stores?

I believe the "stores" are all the same for each Samsung TV, it seems a waste of resources to have a specific store for each specific model in each particular region, its far more likely the TV can tell the central app store it's a 7100UK (or whatever) and the store says oh yeah, here's your list of apps that you support.

DPlay is what used to be Quest on Demand, it may still show up on gottago's store as that? Or apparently Freeview Play carries it?
GO
gottago

I believe the "stores" are all the same for each Samsung TV, it seems a waste of resources to have a specific store for each specific model in each particular region, its far more likely the TV can tell the central app store it's a 7100UK (or whatever) and the store says oh yeah, here's your list of apps that you support.

DPlay is what used to be Quest on Demand, it may still show up on gottago's store as that? Or apparently Freeview Play carries it?

Hmmm no it doesn't come up if I search for DPlay or Quest. Strange, I only got it last year so I wouldn't have thought it would be incompatible. And my TV doesn't have Freeview Play. I'll message Dplay and see if anything can be done.
JA
JAS84
Just looked up that TV. Seems it's already been discontinued.
Quote:
Access the latest apps to experience the best content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Apple TV, BT Sport, NOW TV, Rakuten TV, Google Play Movie and TV, Disney Life, UK TV Play, Hay U and BFI.

Watch subscription free content with on-air and catch-up services including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and My5. Charges apply for premium on-demand content.
Plenty of different services listed there, but not Quest OD or DPlay. Seems like this model was never compatible with it.

https://www.johnlewis.com/samsung-ue43ru7100-2019-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-43-inch-with-tvplus-apple-tv-app-charcoal-black/p4059314
PF
PFML84
Are you referring to the model I posted up? I only bought it a few weeks ago! Discontinued already? Great(!)

It does have the usual apps along with Disney+, Apple TV+, Now TV, DPlay and quite a lot more. I think the description John Lewis was using was maybe from when the model was released last year as Disney Life no longer exists, it became Disney+. Besides, new apps get added all the time for TV app stores, a much older Samsung I have in the living room got Amazon Prime Video not that long ago which it never had before which is a huge bonus for me. If DPlay isn't on your TV's app store I imagine it might get added at some point. What model is your Samsung?
JA
JAS84
Yes, I'm referring to the model you mentioned.

This site also says it's no longer available.
https://www.richersounds.com/samsung-ue43ru7100.html
GO
gottago
Are you referring to the model I posted up? I only bought it a few weeks ago! Discontinued already? Great(!)

It does have the usual apps along with Disney+, Apple TV+, Now TV, DPlay and quite a lot more. I think the description John Lewis was using was maybe from when the model was released last year as Disney Life no longer exists, it became Disney+. Besides, new apps get added all the time for TV app stores, a much older Samsung I have in the living room got Amazon Prime Video not that long ago which it never had before which is a huge bonus for me. If DPlay isn't on your TV's app store I imagine it might get added at some point. What model is your Samsung?

Mine's 43RU7400 which I think is now discontinued too. Already confirmed on Twitter by Quest that this model's unsupported for Dplay sadly. New apps are available for my TV all the time so not sure if it's just laziness on the part of Discovery's developers?!
BR
Brekkie
Think this is a new style endcap for the ITV4 coverage of the Tour de France.

JO
Josh
Just scrolling through the old thread and you'll never guess what I found from April...
We were warned all along!

https://www.tvforum.co.uk/forums/post1225548#post-1225548
Spencer, brioalex and Ballyboy gave kudos

Newer posts