The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
AlexS
It seems that from now on, so the Six gets its rehearsal time, we will get Your Questions Answered every day at 17:45. Which is sad, because the slot used to be occupied by Huw interviewing somebody interesting, but now it's a repeat slot. Sign of the times.

To be fair a lot of those interviews had been moved to the 14:20 or 15:38 slots long before Corona.
FC
FrancesC
Why did they put the logos in this way… Bezos, Pichai, Zuckerburg, Cook but Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon?

MA
Markymark
Why did they put the logos in this way… Bezos, Pichai, Zuckerburg, Cook but Google, Apple, Facebook, Amazon?

I asked myself the same question when I saw that
PE
PurpleEquinox
Does anybody know what happened to the ‘BBC’ lettering on the front of TVC?
SP
Steve in Pudsey
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/end-of-an-era-bbc-letters-taken-down-from-television-centre-in-shepherds-bush-after-54-years-9763916.html
PE
PurpleEquinox
As in where did it go once it was taken down.
BB
BBI45

Unless an enthusiast got their hands on them, then they probably went to the local tip.
JK
JKDerry

I suspect the BBC didn't bother to keep them. That BBC logo was only installed on the side of Television Centre after the 1997 corporate rebrand took place and was not the original BBC logo on the side of Television Centre since it first opened in 1960.
VA
valley
BBI45 posted:

Unless an enthusiast got their hands on them, then they probably went to the local tip.

Quote from Martin Kempton's TV Studio History website: "I gather they were due to be moved to Broadcasting House but the wind got hold of one of them and it smashed. Oops. Some might say the spirit of the building was fighting back."
RN
Rolling News
As someone who’s always turned to the BBC for news, I have to say the news channel really is rubbish in the evenings nowadays. I know it’s all down to cutbacks but even so. I’ve even started turning to Sky in the evenings after getting home from work for the news, which at least seems to still make an effort at that time of day with Sky News Tonight, presented by Dermot Murnaghan.
CA
Cardiffian
As someone who’s always turned to the BBC for news, I have to say the news channel really is rubbish in the evenings nowadays. I know it’s all down to cutbacks but even so. I’ve even started turning to Sky in the evenings after getting home from work for the news, which at least seems to still make an effort at that time of day with Sky News Tonight, presented by Dermot Murnaghan.

That's because it's not the BBC NC anymore in the evenings is it. It's a BBC World produced simulcast, with World output taking priority.
RN
Rolling News

That's because it's not the BBC NC anymore in the evenings is it. It's a BBC World produced simulcast, with World output taking priority.

Oh right. I didn't know that.

Newer posts