The Newsroom

The Sky News Thread

(October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JW
JamesWorldNews
rob posted:
Adam Boulton has confirmed that All Out Politics will return on the 1st September. Sounds like they aim to be back presenting shows in the Westminster studio beginning September.

This is the new schedule...

7-10am: Kay Burley@Breakfast - Five days a week on the new Millbank set
10-11am: Ian King Live
11-12: All Out Politics
12-2: Sky News Today
2-5: The Sarah Jane Mee Show (or whatever it's called whilst SJ is on maternity leave)

The rest of the schedule remains the same.

Any idea what the new set looks like?
PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Here’s an Instagram post which shows off mainly the new flooring, but you can see around the empty studio...
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCf5L0DDGrg/?igshid=6xl4pyhl2kr8
LH
lhx1985
So the laminate stripe matches the glass box. Anybody else got an awful feeling that we are going to be using the words 'white' and 'clinical' a lot very soon?
VA
valley
So the laminate stripe matches the glass box. Anybody else got an awful feeling that we are going to be using the words 'white' and 'clinical' a lot very soon?

There will be similarities with the GB.
:-(
A former member

No but I imagine someone will be prattling on about how much it looks like a Tesco. It looks like the newsroom view is remaining but I imagine a big screen is going on what is currently the black wall in those pictures.
JW
JamesWorldNews
* TESCOexpress......
LH
lhx1985
Does anybody have any idea of the actual size of that studio space at SN's Westminster office?
Although small, it could be quite versatile with its gallery view on one side and newsroom on the other.
ME
mediamonkeyuk
Can we expect the new graphics to launch at the same time?
LH
lhx1985
Who knows, but doubtful, I'd say.
Looks more like they're consolidating on the current look than taking things in any new direction.
SK
skyviewer

I think we can expect this. And I would also go as far as saying we will get a new tune, given that this was planned for May and we would have a major relaunch interval (May 2010,2015,2020) and the fact that the last election used something completely different. So potentially exciting times ahead.
MA
Meridian AM

I think we can expect this. And I would also go as far as saying we will get a new tune, given that this was planned for May and we would have a major relaunch interval (May 2010,2015,2020) and the fact that the last election used something completely different. So potentially exciting times ahead.

https://youtu.be/TFmZJuNoSrw

I heard this and it reminds me of Sky News, especially after about 30 seconds into it. Better than the current theme if you ask me!
GL
globaltraffic24
I know we're getting into speculation territory, which can be exhausting, but does anyone know if we're potentially getting a new 'main studio' at the same time? I know the Glass Box is staying, but I'm wondering if the second Sky Central studio will be phased out. I'm starting to wonder if something is brewing as the Sky Central newsroom backdrop is increasingly being used and there seems to be a growing number of monitors in the background. It feels like there 'could' possibly be a new newsroom studio in the pipeline. I could be way off with that though!

Newer posts