TV Home Forum

Emmerdale

Weekdays on ITV (June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JB
JasonB
Jez posted:
It shows how complicated - or efficient - soap filming actually is. I guess even in usual circumstances scenes in an episode could be filmed a month apart.

Exactly. In any one episode scenes could have been filmed between 4 and 8 weeks ago but they usually quote 6 weeks when they mention how far ahead they are.

I went to North Palm Beach where they film scenes for Home and Away last November and they were filming scenes at the Pier Diner (which you can actually go in and eat!) and managed to meet Ray Meagher and got a photo with him. Those scenes i saw being filmed last November rocked up on Channel 5 last week and in Australia in June.
JE
Jez Founding member
Sean Healy (Director) confirmed on twitter that last nights Emmerdale was the first full post lockdown episode.

So they had 13 episodes, which is around 2 weeks, that were left incomplete before filmed was suspended.
JA
james-2001
A long cry from the days that soaps were made more-or-less as live!

35 days later

JE
Jez Founding member
Ive heard that both of ITV's soaps return to 6 episodes a week from 14th September. Corrie also has an hour long episode the Friday before.

I thought Emmerdale handled the death of Annie Sugden very well - shame more of the Sugdens aren't around apart from Victoria. But given the current circumstances they did very well. Annie was an original character and her presence has been felt in the show for many years after she moved to Spain.
UTVLifer and DeMarkay gave kudos

91 days later

BA
Ballyboy
Does emmerdale not do preview pictures anymore?
JE
Jez Founding member
Brenda and Eric returned last night. Kim in a couple of weeks I wonder if Pearl is returning. Cant think of anyone else left to return.
JA
james-2001
Somehow I didn't notice that it was Eric's first appearance in months... probably because he's playing such a prominent role in the ITV3 episodes.

20 days later

BA
Ballyboy
Kay Purcell has died
JO
Josh
Terrible news. I remember her most from Gina in Tracy Beaker Returns and she was a brilliant actor. She will be missed.
CA
Caly123
Josh posted:
Terrible news. I remember her most from Gina in Tracy Beaker Returns and she was a brilliant actor. She will be missed.

She was also Miss Savage in Bernard's Watch and also in So Awkward.
JA
JAS84
Kay Purcell has died

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-55439894
BA
Ballyboy
i wonder if it'll get a mention at the end of tonight's Emmerdale

Newer posts