Loose Women | 21 Years Old - Sept 2020

(August 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CA
cal0906
A shame for the shorter show today- great show with a great panel
MA
Meridian AM
It's a shame they don't talk about anything of any importance now. The topics are just so silly recently. And a waste of the intelligence and journalistic skills of Janet, Ranvir, Kaye, etc.

Today's first half was a blatant promo for an ITV show airing tonight. Then a competition promo film. Then interviewing a Love Island contestant about her Twitter follower struggles.
JO
Jonwo
It's a shame they don't talk about anything of any importance now. The topics are just so silly recently. And a waste of the intelligence and journalistic skills of Janet, Ranvir, Kaye, etc.

Today's first half was a blatant promo for an ITV show airing tonight. Then a competition promo film. Then interviewing a Love Island contestant about her Twitter follower struggles.

You do realise it’s Loose Women and not Question Time.

I personally don’t see the problem with them doing lighter topics, with so much doom and gloom in the world, it’s good that they can talk about stuff that’s a bit fluffy.
TV
TVMan
If you want heavy talk at that time of the day, BBC Two has politics live
JW
JamesWorldNews
I guess it's all about balance and the programme normally manages a reasonable mix of light and heavy. The 30mins shortened shows struggle to cover more than one theme on occasion. Today happened to be a 'lighter' day.

I've seen some really decent debates on the show lately, usually involving Kaye, Jane, Janet and Kelle. And Gloria isn't afraid to speak her mind either. Ranvir also got quite heated on her last visit.

With Jane and Kaye away this week, maybe we're in for a 'light' week. Lol.

I know we've all got our favourites, but I much prefer Kaye being the host ahead of anyone else. Other than Ruth who can also get quite opinionated, I find all the others to be rather vanilla. Capable, but not stand-out for me.
CA
cal0906
I guess it's all about balance and the programme normally manages a reasonable mix of light and heavy. The 30mins shortened shows struggle to cover more than one theme on occasion. Today happened to be a 'lighter' day.

I've seen some really decent debates on the show lately, usually involving Kaye, Jane, Janet and Kelle. And Gloria isn't afraid to speak her mind either. Ranvir also got quite heated on her last visit.

I know we've all got our favourites, but I much prefer Kaye being the host ahead of anyone else. Other than Ruth who can also get quite opinionated, I find all the others to be rather vanilla. Capable, but not stand-out for me.

What I am quite liking at the minute is we seem to be getting a much more varied panel every day. There was a point last year where it felt that Andrea, Brenda and/or Stacey whereas now each of those only appears once or twice a week
Charlesy and Meridian AM gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM

Yes, Kaye is a good debate host. I remember when she used to present Central Weekend on Carlton Central in the late 90s and early 00s.

Ruth is much better on This Morning than LW.

Jane has intelligent input to news discussions, as do Gloria, Kelle, Janet and Carol.

Linda seems like a very nice lady, but doesn't offer much on the panel.
MA
Meridian AM

What I am quite liking at the minute is we seem to be getting a much more varied panel every day. There was a point last year where it felt that Andrea, Brenda and/or Stacey whereas now each of those only appears once or twice a week

Andrea normally does twice a week - Mon and Tues.
Stacey said during a discussion on the show the other week that she is only doing it once a week now (Fridays).
Colleen also only does once a week now.
JO
Jonwo

Andrea normally does twice a week - Mon and Tues.
Stacey said during a discussion on the show the other week that she is only doing it once a week now (Fridays).
Colleen also only does once a week now.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a choice to limit the number of people in the studio every week but also with things easing up, the panelists most likely want to spend time with their families.
JE
Jez Founding member
Glorious Goodwood this week pushing the news back to 1pm, so Loose Women will be "AXED" midway through each episode for the remainder of the week.

You would think now This Morning has the extra half hour that they could give 15 minutes over to Loose Women to start at 12.15pm on the days it is cut short - hardly seems worth bothering for half an hour. Indeed they might as well pre-record the Wed and Fri show the day before.

I was thinking that. I was even thinking they could have had LW from 12-1 as TM would still get 2 hours like it used to get and would actually be in the morning. Ive always thought it still TM ends at 1230 when its actually been afternoon for half an hour.

I remember when LW and TM both took proper summer breaks and returned in September with a new series. They could avoid all the need for guest presenters on all of these shows if they simply did that.
BR
Brekkie
Jez posted:
I remember when LW and TM both took proper summer breaks and returned in September with a new series. They could avoid all the need for guest presenters on all of these shows if they simply did that.

But then they'd need to fill 3 and a half hours a day for 6-7 weeks with alternative programming - a much tougher task.
JE
Jez Founding member
Jez posted:

But then they'd need to fill 3 and a half hours a day for 6-7 weeks with alternative programming - a much tougher task.

True but they used to manage it before when TM went on its summer holidays.

Newer posts