TV Home Forum

ITV 2020 - Presentation refresh

Split from ITV 2019 idents and presentation - ITV Creates (July 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
brioalex
Just did this quickly this morning... This is how I think they should have gone about refreshing the end boards for promos etc. Still keeping the layers without compromising the design of the logo.

https://vimeo.com/442278207

I know this is a very 'nit picky' thing but you missed out the 'sponsored by' text.

Ahh yeah I know, just did it quickly to demonstrate the idea šŸ˜‰
DW
DavidWhitfield
I know this isn't a mock thread, but I must say, having watched your video (which I won't quote for the purposes of it being a waste of space), I actually personally prefer your version to what is the current reality, brioalex. I like how the ITV Hub is still promoted but the 'itv' logo itself retains its pleasing three-colour cut-out style. Slick work.
BR
brioalex
I know this isn't a mock thread, but I must say, having watched your video (which I won't quote for the purposes of it being a waste of space), I actually personally prefer your version to what is the current reality, brioalex. I like how the ITV Hub is still promoted but the 'itv' logo itself retains its pleasing three-colour cut-out style. Slick work.

Thanks David! Appreciate that a lot. The current presentation doesn't pay any attention to the layered ITV logo they introduced last year! Hopefully my concept does that a little better šŸ˜Š
BR
brioalex
I know this isn't the mock thread but I had another tinker around with the colours and refined it a little more. I just wanted to create something that pays a little more attention to the layered ITV logo they introduced last year!

Last edited by brioalex on 28 July 2020 7:31pm
HD
HybridDaDink
I know this isn't the mock thread but I had another tinker around with the colours and refined it a little more. I just wanted to create something that pays a little more attention to the layered ITV logo they introduced last year!

https://vimeo.com/442451754

Much better than the current one. You should make a thread on the 'The Gallery' page with more details ( ECP, idents, DOG).
BR
brioalex

https://vimeo.com/442451754

Much better than the current one. You should make a thread on the 'The Gallery' page with more details (ECP, idents, DOG).

Yeah I might do that if I have time to explore the other elements. šŸ˜Š
BR
brioalex
Had a little play around with creating the other elements for the ITV Presentation refresh 2020 and you can see my concepts here: https://www.tvforum.co.uk/thegallery/itv-presentation-2020-45886#post-1249927 šŸ˜Š
FC
FrancesC
Is it necessary to show an ITV Hub logo almost everywhere when most of the programmes are available on the hub?
LL
Larry the Loafer
Is it necessary to show an ITV Hub logo almost everywhere when most of the programmes are available on the hub?

Extra advertising, innit.
BR
Brekkie
They just seem to be following the lead of the BBC who seem to promote the iPlayer above all else nowadays.
ST
Stuart
They just seem to be following the lead of the BBC who seem to promote the iPlayer above all else nowadays.

The difference may be that almost everything broadcast on the BBC (aside from films) appears on iPlayer, and it also has content which isn't broadcast (some of the BBC Three stuff).

BBC iPlayer also streams things before they are broadcast on TV, such as drama mini-series as a 'box set', and I don't think ITV Hub do that until afterwards.

Either way, the BBC should be rightly proud that they were the industry innovator with iPlayer, and everyone else has followed. You can't really blame them for crowing about it.
Night Thoughts, Universal_r and DeMarkay gave kudos
DM
DeMarkay
Actually, I disagree. Iā€™d say that 4oD/All4 is the industry innovator having been released a year prior to iPlayer.

Newer posts