TV Home Forum

Coronavirus - Impact on live/recorded shows

Several talk programmes have cancelled studio audiences (March 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BR
Brekkie
The CW are also showing E4 comedy Dead Pixels this year. They have picked up shows over recent years - I think they air Bulletproof from Sky as well, and a few years ago they picked up the Penn and Teller show Fool Me, rerunning the ITV show then going onto commission it themselves - think it's now in it's 5th season.

Moving down under and The Masked Singer Australia is going to film in Melbourne, but with it's audience in Sydney.
https://tvtonight.com.au/2020/07/masked-singer-filming-in-melbourne-studio-audience-in-sydney.html
Last edited by Brekkie on 28 July 2020 3:43pm
JO
Jonwo
The CW has always picked up imports to fill their slate and they can somewhat get away with it being a smaller network whereas you're very unlikely to see imports on CBS, NBC etc unless they're from Canada.
CH
chrisdafur
Jonwo posted:
The CW has always picked up imports to fill their slate and they can somewhat get away with it being a smaller network whereas you're very unlikely to see imports on CBS, NBC etc unless they're from Canada.

The only one think sticks in my head is Merlin which airs on NBC for its first series. Didn't do very well in the ratings so moved to Syfy for its second series.
AG
AxG
Since Taskmaster is being discussed here, take this tweet with a pinch of salt.

CH
chrisdafur
AxG posted:
Since Taskmaster is being discussed here, take this tweet with a pinch of salt.

Well they've annouced the line-up today, so I'm guessing it was that.

Daisy May Cooper, Johnny Vegas, Katherine Parkinson, Mawaan Rizwan and Richard Herring
BR
Brekkie
HBO have commissioned COVID-19 drama The First Shot, based on a book which is yet to be written about a vaccine that is yet to be found.

https://tbivision.com/2020/07/28/hbo-takes-the-first-shot-at-covid-series/
EL
elmarko
Interesting little video of Samantha Bee’s home/garden setup in here near the end. Her husband is a tv director so that helps

https://youtu.be/CuotMjIxhfM
DV
DVB Cornwall
Bafta Television awards isn't as flat as I expected, nipping along nicely.
:-(
A former member
Bafta Television awards isn't as flat as I expected, nipping along nicely.

Maybe but Ayoade is terrible.
BR
Brekkie
If you don't like him you can always turn over to C4 at 8pm. Wink

From the news reports earlier they've all had to pre-record their acceptance speeches rather than risk cutting to them live, which practically makes sense. Of course possible BAFTA only actually asked the winners to make speeches, but told them all nominees would.
JO
Jon

Of course possible BAFTA only actually asked the winners to make speeches, but told them all nominees would.

Which wouldn’t make any sense. Because yes you’d keep the element of surprise for the winner until broadcast, but you’d be depriving the programme of a genuine reaction.

I think it’s unlikely any of the winners would blab though, if that’s your logic and also if your theory was correct nothing to stop the nominees talking to each other.
DV
DVB Cornwall
The usual two hours telescoped into ninety minutes, and it showed. Maybe that's something to note for the future.

Newer posts