TV Home Forum

STV Main Thread:

STV appeal, and Autumn pres is now in use (April 2014)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
UN
Universal_r
Yes I saw them, they’re actually quite nice. Is the ca in the second one new?
GM
Gary McEwan
kez19 posted:
kez19 posted:

Is that including the ones they use for advertising for STV Player? ie advertising certain shows followed by a colour? lets say Corrie and its purple?

I have always thought the STV News theme was updated but am surprised its still being used.

The current theme was brought in in 2005 and updated in 2013 but it's still the same theme.

I do remember the theme to North Tonight but when it became STV News it changed (2005 was the change?)

The theme that we know came in when the programmes were still called North Tonight/Scotland Today.

The programmes has under gone a mini refresh to align both programmes with the same look, titles and music.

When the channels became one STV in 2006, the programmes underwent a complete revamp and had the same studio set up, titles and music when it was brought in to use in 2005.

When it became STV News in 2009 the music remained the same, and in 2011 the music was then refreshed when they had another revamp along with the launch of the Edinburgh edition of the programme.
UN
Universal_r
The Edinburgh news room was just used for the sport for the first time in a while even though it was empty could that mean the program in the central belt could return to normal soon. I seen something that said possibly in August.
KE
kez19
The Edinburgh news room was just used for the sport for the first time in a while even though it was empty could that mean the program in the central belt could return to normal soon. I seen something that said possibly in August.

I was told before I left DS that the way the bulletin is running now will revert back to previous setup ie split. Glasgow/Edinburgh and Aberdeen/Dundee, I don’t see why not leave it as it is (wouldn’t be surprised in few years time it becomes what it is now) again and just stating opinion (I’m not here going down an argumentive route either we are all entitled to opinion)
UN
Universal_r
I personally quite like the two presenters and I think it’s actually quite popular but I do agree I don’t think it will run for a long time but if they do go back to just one presenter I think they will have to split the Edinburgh and Glasgow shows again with two different presenters.
KE
kez19
I personally quite like the two presenters and I think it’s actually quite popular but I do agree I don’t think it will run for a long time but if they do go back to just one presenter I think they will have to split the Edinburgh and Glasgow shows again with two different presenters.

I believe and stand to correction but I believe the Glasgow bulletin is now merged with Edinburgh, no longer splits(?) (speaking as this as in pre-covid)
UN
Universal_r
Not sure what you mean but I’m saying if they scrapped the show with both kelly-Ann and John joint presenting they would have to have a show for the east probably presented by Kelly-Ann and a show for the west presented by John. Like it was before they merged them and had the two presenters.
GM
Gary McEwan
kez19 posted:

I believe and stand to correction but I believe the Glasgow bulletin is now merged with Edinburgh, no longer splits(?) (speaking as this as in pre-covid)

There is one bulletin now from Central Scotland presented from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. The only time it 'opts out' is for local stories and the sport. Other than that, what you see in Kilmarnock is what you see in Kirkcaldy.
UN
Universal_r
I hope the more regional weather comes back as well because the forecast has stayed the same length but covers the whole of Scotland rather than just the east part of central belt in my case.
KE
kez19
Not sure what you mean but I’m saying if they scrapped the show with both kelly-Ann and John joint presenting they would have to have a show for the east probably presented by Kelly-Ann and a show for the west presented by John. Like it was before they merged them and had the two presenters.

If thats your area from which I gather but as Gary explains
"There is one bulletin now from Central Scotland presented from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. The only time it 'opts out' is for local stories and the sport. Other than that, what you see in Kilmarnock is what you see in Kirkcaldy"

The only other thing I add and its only for me is STV North with it bulletins and I believe that our area will split and return as pre-covid as far as I understand it (unless something has changed but I don't know anything)...
GM
Gary McEwan
kez19 posted:

"There is one bulletin now from Central Scotland presented from both Glasgow and Edinburgh. The only time it 'opts out' is for local stories and the sport. Other than that, what you see in Kilmarnock is what you see in Kirkcaldy"

The only other thing I add and its only for me is STV North with it bulletins and I believe that our area will split and return as pre-covid as far as I understand it (unless something has changed but I don't know anything)...

Most likely STV North will go back to properly opting out between Aberdeen and Dundee when things get back up and running again.
UN
Universal_r
kez19 posted:

Yes sorry I just misunderstood.

Newer posts