TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MA
Meridian AM
That first half hour of today’s show is going to generate some tabloid stories I expect

Simon Calder was on talking about the quarantine rules and was giving dodgy advice that was not in the spirit of the rules and was not giving up

Ruth had to shut him down and looked annoyed at him for the rest of the item

Sounds like he was answering the question put in front of him and being shot down as the messenger, basically stating the current rules permit you to end your quarantine if you are going on holiday abroad again. I have to assume someone of his reputation has checked that and wouldn't state it if it wasn't the case - I know if you claim to be going on a business trip you are permitted to fly out again so wouldn't surprise me if it's the same with personal holidays too.

Anyway, as suspected viewers are "disgusted" according to the tabloids, but then they were also "disgusted" when Eamonn suggested an alternative ingredient in a recipe of James Martin's too.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/12235048/this-morning-travel-expert-encouraging-break-quarantine-ruth-langsford/amp/

Apparently Ruth 'slammed' him... Rolling Eyes Very Happy
DM
DeMarkay
It might just be me, but, Dermot fits the role of This Morning host really well.
JW
JamesWorldNews
It might just be me, but, Dermot fits the role of This Morning host really well.

Thank goodness one of them does! The parts I saw felt very contrived.
ID
Identity

I have to agree and I really can’t stand the guy. But he’s actually good on this morning. Atleast he can’t sway back and forth as much as he’s sitting in the sofa
JB
JasonB

I have to agree and I really can’t stand the guy. But he’s actually good on this morning. Atleast he can’t sway back and forth as much as he’s sitting in the sofa

Did he shout “Your Friday Morning Starts Right Here’ at the start of the show?
BR
Brekkie

He does seem like a really likely successor. I do think Dermot is more of a broadcaster than a presenter, and that is what the show needs.
Soupnzi, DeMarkay and Meridian AM gave kudos
MA
Meridian AM
Dermot is fine on it, makes presenting look easy, as do Eamonn and Phillip. He is inoffensive and down to earth.
It's Rochelle that let's them down and makes it feel amateurish. She isn't a great presenter for a programme like this, very lightweight. Similar to Holly...
Dermot with Davina would have been much better.
BR
Brekkie
Think that is a bit harsh - she was basically carrying the show last week with Ore.
MA
Meridian AM
Think that is a bit harsh - she was basically carrying the show last week with Ore.

She is better than Ore, but that doesn't make her good.
Universal_r and Soupnzi gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
Dermot is a solid presenter and I imagine along with Ben Shephard would one of ITV's choices to replace Phil and/or Eamonn when the time comes.
Alfie Mulcahy and Meridian AM gave kudos

10 days later

JW
JamesWorldNews
“HOLLY AND PHIL SPLIT”

I’m disappointed no one on TVF has yet reported this and started endless rounds of speculation about the hidden message behind it! Lol.

For context, Holly has left the “showbiz” agency she shared with Phil for years.

I don’t even know what that means, frankly.

Away from that, I see Josie Gibson is increasingly being used as the outside ditzy have a go girl, doing things that would often be covered by Allison Hammond.

I wonder if this is a signal of Allison moving to more of a studio based presenting role?

Pure speculation on my part. And apologies if I’m repeating something that’s already been covered in previous pages.
SI
Siggy
Wasn’t Allison supposed to be getting her own afternoon show at some point this year?

Newer posts