TV Home Forum

Who Wants to be a Millionaire?

Someone’s going to be a Millionaire - ITV

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
https://millionaire.fandom.com/wiki/charles_ingram

Some more interesting detail on Ingram. I know it's Wikipedia so should be taken with a pinch of salt but I never knew he got through his questions that quick.
TV
TVMan Central Reporting Scotland
https://millionaire.fandom.com/wiki/Charles_Ingram?mobile-app=false
Some more interesting detail on Ingram. I know it's Wikipedia so should be taken with a pinch of salt but I never knew he got through his questions that quick.

Fixed the Link Smile
JA
JAS84 Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)

It's not Wikipedia. It's Fandom, the wiki farm formerly known as Wikia.
DO
dosxuk Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
JAS84 posted:

It's not Wikipedia. It's Fandom, the wiki farm formerly known as Wikia.

The home of stuff too trivial, or too unverified to go on Wikipedia.

Content should be taken not with a pinch of salt, but an entire winter gritting depot quantity.
JO
Johnr
They've skipped to Series 2 of Clarkson rather than the 20th anniversary

Can't work out if they edited the opening or not either, it seemed very quick! (yet if they did they confusingly left in 'Welcome to a brand new series!')

17 days later

SS
SuperSajuuk Central Reporting Scotland
For anyone that is interested, it looks like Sony Channel are only showing a specific set of Classic Millionaire. After completing up to the end of 2006 (basically the end of the 15 question format), they jumped to those People Play live episodes involving the clock/rave music in 2012 (or thereabouts). After finishing those, they've jumped back to April 2001 when Dave Edwards won the million and are playing from there again.

Not really sure why they didn't just play the whole library from 1998 onwards, given that Series 1-4 were found by Challenge and could probably be rebroadcast without issue and 2007 was well and truly owned by Sony, but hopefully they will surface these episodes in due course when lockdown restrictions begin to ease and people can get back to the offices to set up a new backlog.
SS
It looks like Sony might be about to start re-airing S1-S4 of Millionaire on their own Sony Channel at some point. They've begun uploading videos to their officially owned YouTube channel for Millionaire (without the Challenge TV watermark) of the very first millionaire episode ever created, but only snippets like the point when Graham Elwell was selected as the first contestant and when Graham used 50:50 and Phone a Friend for the first time.

Hopefully they do re-show the episodes on their channel. Maybe they have been spending time re-editing the original clips of Millionaire to sort out the horrific Virgin/Challenge TV edits from back in the day (but thats a pipe dream if they would sort out those things lol).

Having said that, the WWTBAM verified channel might only be for the UK version, but I'm fairly sure its Sony owned because they link to a website owned by Sony.

Of course, this could just be a wild amount of speculation and they're not going to do anything of the sort, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were going to broadcast something about it as clearly someone has the tapes that Challenge had (probably sequestered them off Challenge lol).
Last edited by SuperSajuuk on 18 June 2020 9:20pm - 2 times in total

36 days later

SS
Looks like Millionaire will be returning soon but with no ask the audience lifeline, which will be replaced by a second Phone a Friend. Unclear that having "2 friends" will be a good idea, I agree with a twitter commenters' suggestion that a Double Dip would have been better because it forces them to play the question if its used

BB
BBI45 Central (East) East Midlands Today
Unclear that having "2 friends" will be a good idea, I agree with a twitter commenters' suggestion that a Double Dip would have been better because it forces them to play the question if its used
You do realise that the person who suggested it is infamous TVF member Brekkie, right?
And of course, the thing you must not do if the ape is enraged is the Macarena.
SS
BBI45 posted:
Unclear that having "2 friends" will be a good idea, I agree with a twitter commenters' suggestion that a Double Dip would have been better because it forces them to play the question if its used
You do realise that the person who suggested it is infamous TVF member Brekkie, right?

Yes, I'm aware of the name, I chose not to identify the commenter because it could have been a different user. Smile
BA
bilky asko Tyne Tees Look North (North East)
Looks like Millionaire will be returning soon but with no ask the audience lifeline, which will be replaced by a second Phone a Friend. Unclear that having "2 friends" will be a good idea, I agree with a twitter commenters' suggestion that a Double Dip would have been better because it forces them to play the question if its used

Isn't that the lifeline that (with 50:50) will guarantee you get through to the next question? That'd be awful.

A second phone a friend would be another innovation on the format (I don't believe it's been tried elsewhere), and might produce the interesting situation of having your two friends in disagreement.

Avatar Credit: © Independent Television News. Avatar Subject: Jonathan George Snow HonFRIBA
SS
Isn't that the lifeline that (with 50:50) will guarantee you get through to the next question? That'd be awful.

A second phone a friend would be another innovation on the format (I don't believe it's been tried elsewhere), and might produce the interesting situation of having your two friends in disagreement.

Double Dip means you can pick two answers (one of which may be right), but if you pick two wrong answers, you have to answer the question (no walk away allowed) and if you get it wrong, you go back to last safety net, or progress.

Newer posts