Media Websites

TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
VM
VMPhil
The only feature I miss from the previous design is when you could hover over a username and see at a glance how many posts someone had made and how long they'd been a member. I appreciate that's not something that was usable on mobile but I do miss it on the desktop.

This appears to have returned, VMPhil! I agree that it's a nice feature, so I'm pleased to see it make a return. Thanks, Asa!

Yes, thank you Asa, it's even more useful now with the buttons to view posts Smile
JO
Josh
For some reason it won't let me mark my request thread as answered, it just underlines the button.
PE
Pete Founding member
Josh posted:
For some reason it won't let me mark my request thread as answered, it just underlines the button.

No this hasn't worked since the update
AS
Asa Admin
Whoops, I'd forgotten to add that to my list. Should be working now Thumbs up
JO
Josh
Yep, thank you.
VA
valley
Typo on the user pages: “Highest kudoed post”! Should have an s in there.
DW
DavidWhitfield
I'm afraid 'kudoed' is correct, Valley.
NJ
Neil Jones Founding member
Kudos is one of those strange words that looks plural in the singular and singular in the collective.

The word kudos first appeared in English-speaking contexts in the 1800s. By the 1920s, it began to appear as a plural noun. The -s ending in English gives the impression that kudos is plural, but in Greek, it’s singular.

But yes, it is correct, as in "look at how many people kudoed that message". The alternative could be "look how many people gave kudos to that message", but a) nobody talks like that, and b) on most message forums that allow you give/receive kudos, you can't give more than one kudos anyway. You can probably take it away but you can't give more than one kudos to a post, so from a forum point of view the word is collective.
Last edited by Neil Jones on 21 July 2020 10:57am
MI
Michael
Dear Asa

Please make it so that when I click the link to the latest post of a topic on the homepage it actually takes me to the latest post in the topic and not a random one three pages previous.

Cheers.
JA
JAS84
Could that have been caused by a thread merger?
AS
Asa Admin
Please make it so that when I click the link to the latest post of a topic on the homepage it actually takes me to the latest post in the topic and not a random one three pages previous.

What do you click on, the topic title or summary text? If it's the title then it should take you to the first unread post in that topic. The summary text will always take you to the last post.
1S
1stplayertokens
i've noticed a bug with the DM system. i show no DMs in my inbox wyhen i click on it, yet it shows i have one unread

Newer posts