TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Is there too many spoilers?

JT
jolly turnip Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
I agree that Ryan has settled in as a character, and Ryan Prescott the actor is pretty good as well, so I think one that can take more meaty stuff a series and when. But please don't turn him into another unbelievable bad boy like Gary W!
JE
Jez Founding member Wales Wales Today
Gary is just ridiculous now. Its time they brought his storyline to a conclusion.

I think Ryan has benefited from the departure of Michelle to be honest.
DJ Dave, GMc and Brekkie gave kudos
BR
Brekkie Recently warned Wales Wales Today
Agree on both counts.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
JE
I have heard that Vicky Jefferies is returning to the show.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I notice the Meerkat Meals & Films sponsorship bumpers are back on ITV3 Corrie today, presumably they'll be back on tonight's ITV1 edition.
BR
Jez posted:
I have heard that Vicky Jefferies is returning to the show.

Is that Vicky of Vicky & Steve?
IT
IndigoTucker
No the awful Irish woman who had a baby with Robert Preston.
BR
I misread that and thought there was a crossover storyline with News at Ten I must have missed. Very Happy
JE
lol I put Jefferies hoping people would realise it wasn't Steve's Vicky. I wasn't keen on Vicky Jeffries to be honest, why they need to bring her back ive no idea. There are many characters that are very underused in Corrie, for example Paula and Moira. Moira hasn't even appeared since the start of the year, even with the disruption due to Covid 19 it would have been over a 4 month gap on screen. Paula has only appeared a few times and as we have Adam and Imran plus Todd possibly returning is she even needed when a character needs a lawyer. The actress now has a guest part in Casualty which makes me wonder if she will return to Corrie.
BR
I do wonder if the effects on the industry will lead to smaller soap casts - ours seem much larger than our Aussie counterparts.
JE
Paula and Moria were both underused before this year however, but perhaps that's just intentional and they are not meant to be regular characters. Yes the increase in the cast members has always been to do with more episodes per week but neighbours seems to have a cast of around 20 regulars if that and is on 5 days a week.
SE
Square Eyes Founding member
Apparently the first reference to Covid 19 will be in Corrie next week when
nurse Aggie has to self isolate
Last edited by Square Eyes on 21 July 2020 1:08am

Newer posts