The Newsroom

The BBC World News Thread

BBC World | 30 Years Anniversary - Page 127 (October 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
AlexS
NOOOOOOOOO, please make a THREAD of fantasy schedules. We just can’t stand it in these threads.

To be fair there aren't actually any fantasy schedule based posts in this thread. It was simply a couple of responses to clarify the current schedule. Unfortunately one particular poster doesn't understand that just because their favoured presenter once appeared in a slot they aren't now its regular presenter, which means his post is the actual schedule in his eyes even if it isn't really.
HA
harshy Founding member
Will Live with Lucy Hockings be the shortest living programme on BBC World in its entire history I think it is.
IT
itsrobert Founding member
Will Live with Lucy Hockings be the shortest living programme on BBC World in its entire history I think it is.

The only other short-lived programme I can think of is World Sport. I'm not entirely sure when that became its own programme - my guess is early 2000. It was soon replaced by Sport Today in either late 2000 or early 2001. Does anyone know for certain?
CM
cmthwtv

Has it actually been confirmed that it is being scrapped and not re-timed or booted into C?
NE
Newsroom

Has it actually been confirmed that it is being scrapped and not re-timed or booted into C?

COVID is not for life, cost cuttings at the BBC are.

It's entirely plausible that Lucy's show and others can come from C.
CM
cmthwtv

To be fair, much of it is me realising that when I am back in the office I will miss out on Simon McCoy and News Nationwide. And Huw at Five. But oh well. Worse things are happening in this world at the moment.
RN
Rolling News

To be fair, much of it is me realising that when I am back in the office I will miss out on Simon McCoy and News Nationwide. And Huw at Five. But oh well. Worse things are happening in this world at the moment.

I wish I worked in an office that had access to Simon McCoy and Huw Edwards, it would make the day go so much faster.
AS
AlexS

Most of Lucy's show already comes from C...
The bigger question is whether they will ever return to the shorter shifts that would be needed for programming to return to normal.
RN
Rolling News
At least we know Outside Source will continue.
CM
cmthwtv

Yay! Shocked Rolling Eyes
ST
Stuart

I've never quite understood why someone thought Outside Source was a good idea for a regular weekday TV news programme.

I think they took the interactivity of election night programmes (Emily Maitlis and her touchscreen map for instant results) and just ran so far down the road with the idea that it became a parody of itself.

If I want to see videos about news, I'll go on the internet. I don't need to watch someone smearing their fingers over a large screen to be able to do that on a daily basis.
harshy, Rolling News and cmthwtv gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv

I've never quite understood why someone thought Outside Source was a good idea for a regular weekday TV news programme.

I think they took the interactivity of election night programmes (Emily Maitlis and her touchscreen map for instant results) and just ran so far down the road with the idea that it became a parody of itself.

If I want to see videos about news, I'll go on the internet. I don't need to watch someone smearing their fingers over a large screen to be able to do that on a daily basis.

What annoys me is its length. It does not need to be two hours. One hour was enough, and I understand it has always been this long on World, but it just seems to go on forever.

Newer posts