TV Home Forum

ITV Programming Thread

TV
iloveTV1 London London
Could it be bunched in with bgt knockouts and voice knockouts at weekends

That’s my thoughts. We know Family Fortunes is heading to Sunday, so they could either do The Cube at 8pm with FF at 7pm, or have The Cube at 7pm on a Saturday. I suspect we may see a Sunday Gameshow Night, with The Cube at 7pm and FF at 8pm, with maybe Celebrity Chase at 6pm. That would mean that, say this starts in September, The Cube would be finished by the time Strictly comes around.

I would suggest 9pm for The Cube on Saturdays, but considering ITV will be constantly moving BGT and The Voice around each week so it starts when Strictly ends, it could end up being as late as 10.30 on some nights, and which point you might as well just air it in another slot.
Joined on 29th December 2019.
JO
Jonwo

That’s my thoughts. We know Family Fortunes is heading to Sunday, so they could either do The Cube at 8pm with FF at 7pm, or have The Cube at 7pm on a Saturday. I suspect we may see a Sunday Gameshow Night, with The Cube at 7pm and FF at 8pm, with maybe Celebrity Chase at 6pm. That would mean that, say this starts in September, The Cube would be finished by the time Strictly comes around.

I would suggest 9pm for The Cube on Saturdays, but considering ITV will be constantly moving BGT and The Voice around each week so it starts when Strictly ends, it could end up being as late as 10.30 on some nights, and which point you might as well just air it in another slot.

The Cube probably will be stripped across a week given it is 5 episodes and the top prize is £1m. 9pm will likely be Jonathan Ross.

ITV have a few shows in the can that have to be broadcast such as Tipping Point Lucky Stars, 5 Gold Rings and Celebrity Chase along with the ones that will be filmed in due course or already filming.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Catchphrase is due in September aswell.
Turns out nobody had 2020 vision.
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Catchphrase is due in September aswell.

That’ll probably head to 7.15 Saturday.
SC
Score Granada North West Today
Yes, Catchphrase, The Voice/BGT and Jonathan Ross on Saturdays, with Tipping Point/Chase, 5 Gold Rings and Family Fortunes into 9pm drama on Sundays sounds about right, with The Cube stripped across a week. There’s a gap on Saturdays in The Voice/BGT slot later in the Autumn that needs filling as those shows won’t run all Autumn, but not sure what they’ll use to plug that gap.

There’s also the gameshow Rolling in It which will turn up at some point.
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Score posted:
Yes, Catchphrase, The Voice/BGT and Jonathan Ross on Saturdays, with Tipping Point/Chase, 5 Gold Rings and Family Fortunes into 9pm drama on Sundays sounds about right, with The Cube stripped across a week. There’s a gap on Saturdays in The Voice/BGT slot later in the Autumn that needs filling as those shows won’t run all Autumn, but not sure what they’ll use to plug that gap.

I expect Rolling in it will end up at 6pm at one point.

I’ve done the maths, and you get this:

29th August - TVK Finale
5th September - 17th October: BGT (+1 recap)
24th October - 8th November: The Voice (+1 recap)

Then it’s IAC time so they can just put Celebrity Chase against Strictly.
JO
Jonwo
Score posted:

29th August - TVK Finale

It would make more sense to have The Voice after The Voice Kids for logistical purposes then BGT can start in late September.
SC
Jonwo posted:
It would make more sense to have The Voice after The Voice Kids for logistical purposes then BGT can start in late September.

Agreed, plus Cowell is normally in the US on America’s Got Talent until mid-September so may be unable to start BGT until then.

A page on ITV Media (now gone) said there would only be 3 x BGT semi finals this year, but unsure if that’s true. Not really sure why that would be the case. Sounds like there will be some element of pre-recording too:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/bgt-pre-recorded-replace-x-22374455
JO
Jonwo
Score posted:
Jonwo posted:

Agreed, plus Cowell is normally in the US on America’s Got Talent until mid-September so may be unable to start BGT until then.

A page on ITV Media (now gone) said there would only be 3 x BGT semi finals this year, but unsure if that’s true. Not really sure why that would be the case. Sounds like there will be some element of pre-recording too:

Also Cowell would have to self isolate or be tested once he gets back to the UK although I assume they'll either get a guest judge or have Cowell judge from his home via video link.
Last edited by Jonwo on 18 July 2020 12:32am
SC
Jonwo posted:
Score posted:
Jonwo posted:

Also Cowell would have to self isolate or be tested once he gets back to the UK although I assume they'll either get a guest judge or have Cowell judge from his home via video link.

I hadn’t thought about that. Doubt they’d want to go down the video link route, my guess is they’ll have him tested. I was going to say the rules might have been relaxed a bit by then but given the way things are going in the US, perhaps not!
TV
iloveTV1 London London
Jonwo posted:
Score posted:

29th August - TVK Finale

The only problem with that is that, presuming there are 3 Voice shows and 7 BGT shows, BGT would finish 8 days before I’m a Celebrity usually begins. Presuming the show goes ahead in Australia, ant and Dec are usually out there by late October, although they could delay IAC by two weeks, with the final on 20th December.
SC
Jonwo posted:

29th August - TVK Finale

The only problem with that is that, presuming there are 3 Voice shows and 7 BGT shows, BGT would finish 8 days before I’m a Celebrity usually begins. Presuming the show goes ahead in Australia, ant and Dec are usually out there by late October, although they could delay IAC by two weeks, with the final on 20th December.

There are only ever 2 Voice live shows. And the BGT recap could air the same night as The Voice final.

Although if BGT is in fact doing fewer shows then it’s not an issue anyway.

Newer posts