TV Home Forum

Channel 4

General Discussion (November 2009)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
KE
kez19
Seems unlikely Sky will have pinched it. Channel 4 will have signed a contract for the full first season, so unless they have relinquished the rights expect it to pop up late night, probably on E4 in a few months. Would have been interested to see the ratings for the original short run, I suspect you'll find there the reason it hasn't returned

For me its how quick it was abandoned (for now let say), why buy the rights to it, give publicity to then after 5 episodes just drop it without notice? If it wasn't rating well, then would it not be better just finding a slot to run with or if not why not have the rest of the series/season available on All 4? (channel 4 do this with the Walter programming air it on a channel but advise watch rest there), surely Channel 4 have even missed a trick on this one?

Just to add if it was to air on E4 to finish they may as well put it on near their Adult Swim block, sure it could be a lead in or lead out?
BR
Brekkie
If it didn't rate it's not unusual for a show to be pulled and air months later in a graveyard slot. If it was rating OK it's possible in current circumstances it's been pulled in order to air later in the year due to schedule changes as a result of COVID - many networks have pulled shows from the Spring and Summer schedules to air in the autumn instead.
JO
Joe
kez19 posted:
I just emailed them via their email address

Makes sense I guess.
Brekkie, gottago and Jon gave kudos
AA
Amber Avenger
kez19 posted:
Seems unlikely Sky will have pinched it. Channel 4 will have signed a contract for the full first season, so unless they have relinquished the rights expect it to pop up late night, probably on E4 in a few months. Would have been interested to see the ratings for the original short run, I suspect you'll find there the reason it hasn't returned

For me its how quick it was abandoned (for now let say), why buy the rights to it, give publicity to then after 5 episodes just drop it without notice? If it wasn't rating well, then would it not be better just finding a slot to run with or if not why not have the rest of the series/season available on All 4? (channel 4 do this with the Walter programming air it on a channel but advise watch rest there), surely Channel 4 have even missed a trick on this one?

Just to add if it was to air on E4 to finish they may as well put it on near their Adult Swim block, sure it could be a lead in or lead out?

Around the same time Duncanville was on, E4 dropped one of their own homegrown sitcoms after two episodes after plenty of publicity without notice - it's been rescheduled for the end of the year. Just because a slot isn't found immediately doesn't mean one won't be.
Last edited by Amber Avenger on 17 July 2020 8:25am
KE
kez19
kez19 posted:

Around the same time Duncanville was on, E4 dropped one of their own homegrown sitcoms after two episodes after plenty of publicity without notice - it's been rescheduled for the end of the year. Just because a slot isn't found immediately doesn't mean one won't be.

Does seem odd timing to drop them but to at least know one is being rescheduled later in the year, so why publicise them in the first place to drop them is what I don't understand (not at you), I know Channel 5 are bad at this but didn't realise Channel 4 have the habit now...
CC
CCFG
I think they dropped it at Episode 5 or 6? I read somewhere that on it's UK premiere night it only a share of 15.3% on it's premiere night, with Googlebox having 30.1% and Friday Night Dinner took away a 40.6%.

Honestly I didn't really like the series to begin with, well what I saw, I only managed to catch "Witch Day".
KE
kez19
I think they dropped it at Episode 5 or 6? I read somewhere that on it's UK premiere night it only a share of 15.3% on it's premiere night, with Googlebox having 30.1% and Friday Night Dinner took away a 40.6%.

Honestly I didn't really like the series to begin with, well what I saw, I only managed to catch "Witch Day".

I believe it got up to episode 5 on Channel 4 but they highlighted episode 6 on the site....

I thought it was OK, a slow burner if I am honest but I wouldn't have mind if they just ran it from start to finish than what seems to have happened is run it then to mysteriously disappear...
GO
gottago
With a new batch of old Channel 4 shows released on Netflix there must be about four different C4 logos being used across the various show thumbnails: the current C4 logo, the colourful All4 one that the current logo replaced, the C4 2004-15 logo and a decidedly ancient 4oD logo I spotted on Shameless with the show title written in the old font. I'm surprised they haven't tried to get Netflix to update them all.

It's interesting that there's a few shows on there that are duplicates of what's on Britbox. Given all the hype about C4 joining Britbox I assumed their shows were going to be exclusive to the platform (and All4) but clearly not.
VM
VMPhil
DOG error on Channel 4 on The Simpsons - the 16:9 DOG is being used so it appears squashed on SD and in the pillarbox area on HD.
GO
gottago
Bake Off's been in production for two weeks now and will premiere this year after all: https://deadline.com/2020/07/the-great-british-bake-off-back-in-production-1202991744/
JO
Jonwo
Bake Off's been in production for two weeks now and will premiere this year after all: https://deadline.com/2020/07/the-great-british-bake-off-back-in-production-1202991744/

Will be interesting when it debuts, I reckon late September or early October at the earliest.
BR
Brekkie
Think it only runs 10 weeks usually so mid-October would still get it completed by the end of the year.

Newer posts