The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmthwtv
Do we think that the One presenter will continue to do NC till 4, even after the summer perhaps?
Can’t imagine the likes of Sophie Raworth doing that (should she ever properly return to the One).

With the cuts, I would think that the current schedule shall forevermore continue into the future.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Do we think that the One presenter will continue to do NC till 4, even after the summer perhaps?
Can’t imagine the likes of Sophie Raworth doing that (should she ever properly return to the One).

Enough work for her on the six and ten
NE
Newsroom

With the cuts, I would think that the current schedule shall forevermore continue into the future.

Totally agree, it's worked very well as it is.
RN
Rolling News

Totally agree, it's worked very well as it is.

I agree too, for the first time in a long time I'm happy with the schedule. Much more consistency.
RN
Rolling News
Lockdowns over! Reeta at One!!!!!

Guess Jane is unavailable, guess Martine will be on at 16:00, normally does the 11:00 shift

Clive Myrie on at 4 (I guess he will do the Ten too). Martine must be on holiday too.
AS
AlexS
Clearly the cuts haven't started yet. Freelancer Rachel Schofield on air this morning while multiple on staff presenters continue to work a shortened week.
AN
Andrew Founding member
its only in the minds of people here that presenters will stop working a shortened week
SuperSajuuk, Newsroom and Critique gave kudos
AS
AlexS
its only in the minds of people here that presenters will stop working a shortened week

Which says everything you need to know about the culture at the BBC. This isn't about some imaginary move to 5 day weeks but people returning to their contracted numbers of days. Freelancers shouldn't be appearing while 2 presenters who are contracted for 4 days each continue to share a shift over 5 days meaning they are only working 2.5 days a week.
AndrewPSSP and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv
Lockdowns over! Reeta at One!!!!!

Guess Jane is unavailable, guess Martine will be on at 16:00, normally does the 11:00 shift

Clive Myrie on at 4 (I guess he will do the Ten too). Martine must be on holiday too.

Nope, Sophie at Ten Smile
Newsroom and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
MI
m_in_m
AlexS posted:

Which says everything you need to know about the culture at the BBC. This isn't about some imaginary move to 5 day weeks but people returning to their contracted numbers of days. Freelancers shouldn't be appearing while 2 presenters who are contracted for 4 days each continue to share a shift over 5 days meaning they are only working 2.5 days a week.

How many are contracted for a set number of days per week? They may well be contracted for a number of programmes per year.
RN
Rolling News

Nope, Sophie at Ten Smile

Me and MatthewF are losing our touch. 😉
KM
kman2020
Christian Fraser announced that he'll be on holiday for the next two weeks...

Newer posts