TV Home Forum

UKTV Presentation

Bits and Pieces (April 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
IS
Inspector Sands
Yes, one would be a problem with the actual content supplied by UKTV the issues with the annos probably a playout issue. It happens a lot, I remember the old Paramount Comedy Channel doing that a lot.

Problems and mistakes happen, a change of playout can fix some but maybe bring in others
PF
PFML84
According to a post on DS, continuity announcers on the UKTV channels are asking people to check social media tomorrow at 12pm for a special announcement from UKTV. Wonder what's happening?
CC
CCFG
A small portion of a rebrand of all there channels maybe?
BA
Ballyboy
It was much better when it was uktv gold, uktv documentary. uktv people etc. good idents, presentation and programming.
IS
Inspector Sands
I always thought the UKTV names and the accompanying want for consistency were massively restrictive in terms of branding. A classic example of one size not fitting all.

Them having their own name and style makes it far easier to market, look at how Dave looks on screen compared with its predecessor
DB
dbl
A small portion of a rebrand of all there channels maybe?

Nope.
GE
thegeek Founding member

Them having their own name and style makes it far easier to market, look at how Dave looks on screen compared with its predecessor

UKTV G2 was such a snappy name though. Rolls off the tongue, don't you think?
BA
Ballyboy
I thought G2’s idents were hilarious especially the office one.
RC
RegularCapital
I think back then, adding "TV" to the "UK" channel names made them a bit of a mouthful.

Nowadays, I like the uniqueness of each UKTV channel and the fact that each one has their own personality, but the UKTV logo does pop-up to show evidence of having the same owner.
RD
rdd Founding member

UKTV G2 was such a snappy name though. Rolls off the tongue, don't you think?

“It’s for watching, not for saying”.

You’d have pitied the poor CAs who had to do those links. It may have been an unintentionally genius move in that it made the later name change to Dave not seem as daft as it otherwise might have been at the time, as anything was better than six syllable UKTVG2!
JA
james-2001
UKG2 worked as a name, but it only existed for a matter of months before they extended it into that mouthful.
IS
Inspector Sands
UKG2 worked as a name, but it only existed for a matter of months before they extended it into that mouthful.

I'm not sure even UKG2 worked that well, after all there wasn't a UKG1. Obviously if you knew the origins and history of it it made a bit more sense

Newer posts