The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
I don’t know how some presenters can have the courage to stand at the cat walk without back up scripts in their hands. What if the autocue broke down?
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
I don’t know how some presenters can have the courage to stand at the cat walk without back up scripts in their hands. What if the autocue broke down?

I think they are forced to on the One, Six and Ten because Mr McCoy always does on the One but doesn't when he's on the News Channel afterwards. It scares me as well, and the autocue broke yesterday at the start of the One, and today Simons going without one!
NE
Newsroom Banned from this forum

I think they are forced to on the One, Six and Ten because Mr McCoy always does on the One but doesn't when he's on the News Channel afterwards. It scares me as well, and the autocue broke yesterday at the start of the One, and today Simons going without one!

I'd suggest Mr McCoy's experience in live news gives him enough confidence to get through a link. He'll be well versed at what's in his slot. There are however many presenters who would halt like a Mac spinning wheel of death.
UK
UKNewsHound World News

It’s only four years out of date...
RN
Mid way junction just now on the Six, first time since March I believe ...
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
Six was back to its old 28:30 length today, and as mentioned above, the halfway included.

First time under 30 since early March I believe.
UN
Universal_r Central Reporting Scotland
Looks like they’re having more autocue problems this morning with the news at 9.
RN
Looks like they’re having more autocue problems this morning with the news at 9.

Are they? Can’t say I’ve noticed anything.
UN
Universal_r Central Reporting Scotland

Are they? Can’t say I’ve noticed anything.

Annita started reading a story and then said oh looks like we’ve changed stories and had to start reading from her papers it was at 09:11
RN
Mid way junction just now on the Six, first time since March I believe ...

Sophie remained seated after the mid way junction just now.
DA
davidhorman Channel Channel Islands
Oops:

SS
SuperSajuuk North Reporting Scotland
Graphics and cameras misbehaving just after 9.30am on the news channel. When will there be funding to fix the automation? Razz

Newer posts