TV Home Forum

Coronation Street

Costa & Coop p68: Repeats on ITV3: Are there too many spoilers? (June 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JE
Jez Founding member
JAS84 posted:
Was something wrong with the content?

It was Liz confessing to Jim that she had a fling with one of his army mates years ago and he didn't take it well at all!
NW
nwtv2003
It was one of those scenes I remember for being quite violent, but the editing on the episode today was noticeably bad. I’m surprised that they didn’t put a warning before the episode, as I know they’ve done that on other episodes before now.
JE
Jez Founding member
I enjoyed the Corrie special last Monday featuring some of the biggest storylines including Ken/Deirdre/Mike and the tram crash. However I was disappointed with tonight's special featuring weddings. Far too much focus on the over the top weddings often seen in the past two decades especially Beth and Kirk and Steve and his various wives. These shows are a real opportunity to showcase almost 60 years of Corrie however this weeks show left me disappointed that they mainly focussed on the silliness of modern Corrie weddings when there was so much else they could have shown. I really hope it was just the subject of tonight's show that let it down, as modern Corrie weddings are usually just an excuse for over the top silliness, hopefully better shows to come in this series.
AN
Andrew Founding member
The Sun have been up to their usual tricks

I left in Jack P’s response for amusement
Last edited by Andrew on 13 July 2020 11:19pm
JA
james-2001
Yet they won't stop.
BR
Brekkie
Reports tonight they're recasting Todd Grimshaw.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Reports tonight they're recasting Todd Grimshaw.

Yes (although based on the above, if it’s The Sun it may be made up). I’m not sure about that, recastings tend to only work if the character has been mostly in the background up to that point, like children or background characters.

Todd had a vast history of stories behind him over many years and various different eras and is still quite fresh in the mind.

Having said that Nick Tilsley worked, and Tracey did (although the old Tracey mostly just went up stairs and played her tapes).
JE
Jez Founding member
I read about the possible recast as well. I was never that keen on Todd as a character to be honest, especially in his most recent stint (nothing to do with Bruno Langley, I just didn't like the character much). I guess they want to bring him back to cause trouble between Billy and Paul.
BR
Brekkie
Although he had some key storylines he was never more than a B-list character really, so they might get away with it. I guess Ryan has been the most recent recast "current" adult character, but again not really an A-lister on the street so they got away with it.
AN
Andrew Founding member
Although he had some key storylines he was never more than a B-list character really, so they might get away with it. I guess Ryan has been the most recent recast "current" adult character, but again not really an A-lister on the street so they got away with it.

With Ryan and Nick the previous incarnations were relatively short lived and also not particularly well liked. Nobody ever longed for their return whereas even now some people still miss Bruno Langley
JE
Jez Founding member
Ryan and Nick have both been recast twice! Id say the current Ryan is by far the best of the 3.

Tracy has been recast 3 times. Although she only appeared as a recurring character for many years in the later 1990s so wasn't that much of a problem when Kate Ford took over the role as a regular character.
AN
Andrew Founding member
I know they have, but the first ones were basically kids without major storylines

The new Ryan has really become a good character, I wasn’t a fan when he first came into it

Newer posts