The Newsroom

CNN International & Domestic

(January 2006)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
OM
Omnipresent
Richard Quest has returned to London and is currently presenting from home whilst in self-isolation.
NZ
nznewser
First time in a long time (it seems) CNN Newsroom breaking up the 4th hour of the block with a feature show (Global Energy Challenge). Wonder if it's a sign they're looking to return to normal programming? Or could be a sign of cutting out more live international news from the schedule!
EX
excel99
The Global Energy Challenge has been treated prominently before, with First Move and QMB being cut to 30 minutes to accommodate new editions. Personally I'd not read too much into it as far as the wider schedule goes.
LO
LivefromORL
For me, the most palatable Domestic programming which is simulcast is weekend daytimes' CNN Newsroom (notably Fredricka Whitfield's early afternoon hours)

Completely agree with this! There’s something about Fred’s show that feels different and warm compared to the rest, despite having the WORST on air set. I think it’s the fact that everything is produced from Atlanta, outside the NY bubble, that just makes it easier to watch. It’s sad because Fred’s show hasn’t changed, the rest have. Even Brooke Baldwin is starting to feel out of place on daytime as shows have shifted focused and political presenters fill the schedule from 9a-2p and 4-7p. Another shame, since her two hours from Studio 7 always felt like a nice break in the schedule.
MO
Mouseboy33
For me, the most palatable Domestic programming which is simulcast is weekend daytimes' CNN Newsroom (notably Fredricka Whitfield's early afternoon hours)

Completely agree with this! There’s something about Fred’s show that feels different and warm compared to the rest, despite having the WORST on air set. I think it’s the fact that everything is produced from Atlanta, outside the NY bubble, that just makes it easier to watch. It’s sad because Fred’s show hasn’t changed, the rest have. Even Brooke Baldwin is starting to feel out of place on daytime as shows have shifted focused and political presenters fill the schedule from 9a-2p and 4-7p. Another shame, since her two hours from Studio 7 always felt like a nice break in the schedule.

I think thats why originally CNN was so successful. it was as outside that Eastcoast news bubble, now they are fully entrenched in it and lost their way. Well hopefully when CNN moves operations to Techwood,they keep Fredricka's show on weekends. And you know they will build, (they have to) a nicer, permanent set in Atlanta. For any reason, such as a major NY disaster/back-up (Like a pandemic (Eeek) or 9/11) should happen. (Geeez)
GL
glondon
So the tagline seems to have permanently changed from "The World's News Leader" to "More people get their news from CNN than any other news source". It's a bit of a mouthful!
WW
WW Update
So the tagline seems to have permanently changed from "The World's News Leader" to "More people get their news from CNN than any other news source". It's a bit of a mouthful!

And it's not the most original of slogans:

HE
headliner101
First time in a long time (it seems) CNN Newsroom breaking up the 4th hour of the block with a feature show (Global Energy Challenge). Wonder if it's a sign they're looking to return to normal programming? Or could be a sign of cutting out more live international news from the schedule!

The Global Energy Challenge has been treated prominently before, with First Move and QMB being cut to 30 minutes to accommodate new editions. Personally I'd not read too much into it as far as the wider schedule goes.

CNNI is not showing New Day at the top of the hour. Instead, Global Energy Challenge is on.
DV
dvboy
It's scheduled to go out 10 times between Thursday just gone and Monday coming (well, Sunday night). It's a Covid-19 special so I'm with excel99 on not reading much into it.
GH
Ghost
Looks like The Brief and Your World Today, contrary to TV Forum belief, aren’t being murdered, as they’re both back in the schedules from 3rd August. Let’s hope it’s correct!
Last edited by Ghost on 22 July 2020 7:56pm
BF
BFGArmy

I've quite liked Fredricka's slot - it seems to be one of the few constants on Domestic over the years. Whatever else has changed over the years, Fredricka has been there doing that weekend afternoon slot. Also while much of Domestic has disappeared up its arse, her slot lacks the melodrama that certain other shows and presenters have and she's one of the warmer presenters on Domestic for sure.
NZ
nznewser
Ghost posted:
Looks like The Brief and Your World Today, contrary to TV Forum belief, aren’t being murdered, as they’re both back in the schedules from 3rd August. Let’s hope it’s correct!

Hmm the schedules have been off quite recently. I posted in hope a month or so ago after seeing YWT scheduled, but yet it was corrected shortly after to the domestic shows.

Fingers crossed they're back for real this time!

Newer posts