TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain (January 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FL
Flux
Personally, I actually preferred Lorraine in the GMB set. I think they should have tweaked the intro using the GMB Today music but kept the format of the intro.

The Lorraine graphics are just a bit bland and far too big. The set isn't as good as GMB's either. I realise this will be an unpopular opinion.

I would agree with you if the content was still on the more serious side and aligned with the news, but as others have already mentioned it's already back to being showbiz driven and relaxed so I think it's the right thing to let Lorraine have its own identity again - its regular incarnation is rather at odds with the desk-bound, formal presentation.
BR
Brekkie
The Lorraine branding has been horrible ever since they went their own way after initially linking the branding to Daybreak.

I guess they've found a way to switch the sets safely now, or leave both LW and Lorraine in place.
UB
UBox
It's a shame they haven't used this opportunity to bring Lorraine into the GMB brand a bit like the 4th hour of TODAY. I made this a year or 2 ago but never went any further with it but thought I'd post it here while we're on the topic of the branding.
FA
fanoftv
I guess they've found a way to switch the sets safely now, or leave both LW and Lorraine in place.

The Lorraine set looks close to the doors; I imagine it has been placed in front of the Loose Women set, with the Lorraine set on a slight angle and sans (rarely used) kitchen area.
RD
RDJ
It’s a shame Lorraine’s gone back to the way it was before. I did always stick around for the Lorraine hour of GMB which I never used to before as I find the Lorraine brand too female focussed.

Now it’s gone back to that... I imagine I may flick around again now once GMB has finished.
BBI45, Soupnzi and Brekkie gave kudos
JO
Jonwo
The Lorraine branding has been horrible ever since they went their own way after initially linking the branding to Daybreak.

I assume they take them down as usual given both Peston and Sunday Brunch have been filming there for the last month or two
BW
BroadcastWales
Correct me if I'm wrong.
However, I'm sure today's the first day Lorraine's done the coming up tease before the titles since the programme moved to TVC. Before, the titles used to run first into the coming up sequence.

And I've noticed the lighting has been tweaked slightly on Lorraine's set.

PA
PATV Scunthorpe
Yes, they've switched the opener, as you've said, to have the coming up sequence before the titles, no doubt because that's how it's been done since Lorraine was with GMB.

On UBox's brand alignment idea, I thought I'd give it a try with the current graphics, I've kept most of the colours the same, with a few changed to a more vibrant pink, but they could give Lorraine an individual palette.
UB
UBox

On UBox's brand alignment idea, I thought I'd give it a try with the current graphics, I've kept most of the colours the same, with a few changed to a more vibrant pink, but they could give Lorraine an individual palette.

I like it Smile very much what I planned to do but never got around to! I do wonder whether there's any other use for the flipper as it would seem a bit pointless for it to be showing the date for an hour.
VM
VMPhil
I know TV-am had a weekend show, Michael Parkinson presented it and it was pretty much the only show they had that people watched in those early months, due to the fact BBC1 was off air on weekend mornings.

Yes I remember that, it was presented by Michael and Mary Parkinson. I think it was where he went to after it all went wrong and the planned rotation of the 'famous 5' was abandoned. I remember that they did children's programmes on Saturdays from the start - starting with Data Run/Summer Run but I can't remember how the Parkinsons fitted into that.

Of course TVam had Frost on Sunday for the same reason

In that BBC documentary from about five years ago or so about breakfast television, there was a great clip of Michael Parkinson reluctantly trailing Roland Rat and saying something like ‘the things we do to stem the ratings…’
RDJ posted:
Lorraine meanwhile has confirmed that she’s not going anywhere.

There are some proper odd people on Twitter just gasping
UBox posted:

I like it Smile very much what I planned to do but never got around to! I do wonder whether there's any other use for the flipper as it would seem a bit pointless for it to be showing the date for an hour.

Maybe the item name? Similarly to what they have on This Morning?
JW
JamesWorldNews
Gotta laugh!

Newer posts