The Newsroom

Granada Reports

(November 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JA
Jamesypoo
Wow I didn't realise Ben Shatliff had started actually working at Granada. He must be over the moon!
ST
Stuart
This is the shot. The lighting in the background is a recent addition?

Is it my imagination, or is the graphic on the screen ever-so-slightly horizontally stretched? The GMB logo looks distorted.
JO
Josh
Yes, it is.
CA
Capybara
I believe it is stretched so that it looks normal using the regular style, where the presenter stands next to the screen on an angle.
NG
noggin Founding member
I believe it is stretched so that it looks normal using the regular style, where the presenter stands next to the screen on an angle.

Or they have got the plasma in the wrong screen mode - which is a common issue with consumer plasmas used in TV studios.

93 days later

BR
Brekkie
Noticed Ann O'Conner got a name check from the CA yesterday, the first time I've seen anyone other than Lucy or Tony mentioned in the continuity.
BS
Ben Shatliff
Noticed Ann O'Conner got a name check from the CA yesterday, the first time I've seen anyone other than Lucy or Tony mentioned in the continuity.

They have started over recent weeks to name check whoever is presenting the programme. They have done it with Elaine Wilcox too.
AN
Andrew Founding member

They have started over recent weeks to name check whoever is presenting the programme. They have done it with Elaine Wilcox too.

Is it still a network announcer doing it?
BR
Brekkie
I guess it is easier with solo hosts to record a few versions rather than all the comibinations needed for a co-hosted show.
BS
Ben Shatliff

Is it still a network announcer doing it?

Yes.

22 days later

AS
AlexS
I realise that today will have been a hard day for all of those at Granada, but there does seem to be something amiss in allowing the death of a presenter to fill the entire main bulletin, especially considering the current corona situation in the region. Even if they had gotten one of the other regions to record a short bulletin with a round up of the other news to play at 18:00 with the tribute programme following at 18:05 or at 18:22 after the tribute, something really should have been done to cover the local developments in corona and other stories in the region.
CM
cmthwtv
AlexS posted:
I realise that today will have been a hard day for all of those at Granada, but there does seem to be something amiss in allowing the death of a presenter to fill the entire main bulletin, especially considering the current corona situation in the region. Even if they had gotten one of the other regions to record a short bulletin with a round up of the other news to play at 18:00 with the tribute programme following at 18:05 or at 18:22 after the tribute, something really should have been done to cover the local developments in corona and other stories in the region.

What an ignorant comment. Very few people will have no access to news today. If there is something that serious, it will be on the national news. You can use the internet. You can watch the BBC. You can watch later tonight.

It was a well deserved tribute to an incredible man.

Newer posts