TV Home Forum

International Sports Coverage

Rights, Broadcasters et Al beyond the UK. (March 2017)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
dvboy
Ste posted:
Some screenshots below of another non-ATP tournament which has just finished in Nice:

Some interesting information coming from the organisers:

Never mind that they offered two whole weekends including the final weekend for free, and two of five matches per day plus the final on Eurosport (which was enough for me, not sure if it was the same deal on BeIN).
ST
Ste Founding member
dvboy posted:

Never mind that they offered two whole weekends including the final weekend for free, and two of five matches per day plus the final on Eurosport (which was enough for me, not sure if it was the same deal on BeIN).

I didn't realise it was on Eurosport at all. BeIN also showed the semi final stage earlier today. According to https://www.sportbusiness.com/news/ultimate-tennis-showdown-rights-secured-by-bein-across-various-territories/ they had rights in Australia, NZ and various Asian countries as well as MENA.
VA
valley
Ste posted:
dvboy posted:

Before the second tie the commentators discussed not looking at each other once they're on air. You can see how close they are in the second image.

By looking at the background its pretty obvious they are next to each other even from that first image!

Yeah, that’s so obvious! Covid-theatre is a phrase which I’ve seen being used to refer to pretend social distancing and things which make people feel safer, even if they aren’t.

11 days later

MO
Mouseboy33
NBC Sports Chicago finally finished their new set. The 2nd major set installation in the city, following the installation of the NewsNation set.
This news set follow the design of the other NBC has installed at their other regional sports stations. BUt this one has some Chicago touches including the 4 stars that are features prominently on the city's famous flag. Notice the subtle oversized peacock feather elements in stainless steel. Like the other sets this features a huge video wall and floor. And a seemingly wrap around view of the skyline. One of the views is the icon NBC TOWER featuring the NBC Peacock at the top.
Anchor desk with the Chicago Stars in-layed in the floor. Nice local touch
Demonstration Area with a video wall and floor.
Interview alcove with a prominent image of the NBC TOWER out the "window"
Newstcastudio as more
MO
Mouseboy33
Fox Sports will add virtual fans into the stands for Major League Baseballs games. Instead of just the crowd noise, you will see a stadium full of virtual fans.

JO
Jonwo
Seems like an expensive undertaking although on the flip side, it could be used for sports that are poorly attended.
AG
AxG
Jonwo posted:
Seems like an expensive undertaking although on the flip side, it could be used for sports that are poorly attended.

Let's just wait and see whether FIFA do use this in 2022. Razz
JO
Jon
I’m sure the Trump campaign are also looking at using the technology.
Mouseboy33, Ghost and Brekkie gave kudos
MO
Mouseboy33
Well had FOX still owned SkySports, you might have seen it being used on those properties as well. Such as Premier League matches.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Well had FOX still owned SkySports, you might have seen it being used on those properties as well. Such as Premier League matches.

Fox have never owned Sky Sports. Besides, virtual crowds would probably be a matter for the league, not any of the rightsholders.
MO
Mouseboy33

Fox have never owned Sky Sports. Besides, virtual crowds would probably be a matter for the league, not any of the rightsholders.

I sure you know I mean Rupert Murdoch's SkyFoxNewsCorpGoogaCorpMegaNetChannels Company. Rolling Eyes
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 24 July 2020 1:11am - 3 times in total
RD
rdd Founding member
Murdoch or entities (formerly) controlled by him (News Corporation / 21st Century Fox) hasn’t “owned” (in the sense of it being a wholly owned subsidiary) Sky since 1990 (the merger with BSB diluted News Corp’s share down to 50%), before Sky Sports even launched. The subsequent flotation diluted News Corp’s share even further down to 39% or thereabouts, which is what 21st Century Fox’s share was right before the sale to Comcast.
UKnews, thegeek and Inspector Sands gave kudos

Newer posts