TV Home Forum

Good Morning Britain in 2020

Split from Good Morning Britain

CA
cal0906 Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Lorraine is back in Studio 2 tomorrow and will be back to 'Lorraine' rather than 'GMB with Lorraine'
BA
Ballyboy UTV Newsline
Does that mean a regional news at update 9 or just 8am just curious.
JO
Jonwo (previously Jonwo87)
Lorraine is back in Studio 2 tomorrow and will be back to 'Lorraine' rather than 'GMB with Lorraine'

I did think it was only a matter before she returned to TC2 given Loose Women is back there along with Peston and Sunday Brunch.

Wonder if she might get her break in August?
UN
Universal_r STV Central Reporting Scotland
Did anyone notice when the rainbow was removed from the screen behind the desk?
UN
Universal_r STV Central Reporting Scotland
When do we think the new opening will return and the newsreader from 6-6:30?
AM
AlfieMulcahy Meridian (South East) South East Today
When do we think the new opening will return and the newsreader from 6-6:30?

After the summer id imagine
Hello, I'm using WhatsApp
JK
JK08 Granada North West Today
I've always liked 'Sunday Today' on NBC in the U.S. - almost a TV version of a Sunday paper.
If GMB were to expand beyond weekdays, it might be an idea to bring in a sole anchor with a bit of gravitas, but the ability to do softer pop culture segments and try and launch a UK version.
Jeffmister, BBI45 and valley gave kudos
TO
Towielad Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
Be lovely to see Kate back tomorrow
DK
DanielK STV Central Reporting Scotland
JK08 posted:
I've always liked 'Sunday Today' on NBC in the U.S. - almost a TV version of a Sunday paper.
If GMB were to expand beyond weekdays, it might be an idea to bring in a sole anchor with a bit of gravitas, but the ability to do softer pop culture segments and try and launch a UK version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AwHYMYKYB8o

Alastair Stewart.

Strong backup in Ranvir Singh, others with opportunities to build experience as news headline presenter etc.
BR
Brekkie Wales Wales Today
Flux posted:
Does anyone think ITV would ever put gmb on 7 days a week?

Personally I think it would be a bad move. The show already struggles to keep its gravitas and status and feels like a different show when Morgan and Reid are absent at the end of a week, and to extend through to the weekend with a “C Team” of presenters and undoubtedly even fluffier/lighter content and presentation would risk diluting the reputation the show has gained over the last few years (or, lets be honest, over the last few months.)

It could though enable them to build up a reliable Sunday duo (or Fri/Sun duo) to fill in when needed in the week.

Did TV-am and GMTV ever do fairly regular editions at the weekend? I know Eamonn started as a weekend host but I don't think it was long before a Sunday GMTV was replaced by specific religious and political programming IIRC.
Stay Local. Stay Safe. Stay Alive.
JA
james-2001 Central (East) East Midlands Today
I know TV-am had a weekend show, Michael Parkinson presented it and it was pretty much the only show they had that people watched in those early months, due to the fact BBC1 was off air on weekend mornings.
JT
jolly turnip Yorkshire Look North (E.Yorks & Lincs)
Flux posted:
Does anyone think ITV would ever put gmb on 7 days a week?

Personally I think it would be a bad move. The show already struggles to keep its gravitas and status and feels like a different show when Morgan and Reid are absent at the end of a week, and to extend through to the weekend with a “C Team” of presenters and undoubtedly even fluffier/lighter content and presentation would risk diluting the reputation the show has gained over the last few years (or, lets be honest, over the last few months.)

It could though enable them to build up a reliable Sunday duo (or Fri/Sun duo) to fill in when needed in the week.

Did TV-am and GMTV ever do fairly regular editions at the weekend? I know Eamonn started as a weekend host but I don't think it was long before a Sunday GMTV was replaced by specific religious and political programming IIRC.

I THINK it was the Saturday programme that was dropped quickly, or indeed was there ever one? Eamonn and Anne Davies did Fridays and weekend initially

Newer posts