The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
AS
AlexS
Will the last person out of the business department please turn off the light...
JF
JF World News
Kasia is presenting the Polish Election results on BBC World & BBC News from 20:00/21:00 on Sunday from London
Rolling News and Newsroom gave kudos
RN
Rolling News
I'm not happy about it but I see the schedules are slowly returning to normal on the News Channel. Shaun Ley did 2-7 today and Lukwesa is doing 7-12. Wasn't that pretty much the normal schedule on a Saturday before March? And Martine doing 4-7 on a Friday could be a way of easing her back into her Friday afternoon shift when Afternoon Live eventually returns.
CM
cmthwtv
I'm not happy about it but I see the schedules are slowly returning to normal on the News Channel. Shaun Ley did 2-7 today and Lukwesa is doing 7-12. Wasn't that pretty much the normal schedule on a Saturday before March? And Martine doing 4-7 on a Friday could be a way of easing her back into her Friday afternoon shift when Afternoon Live eventually returns.

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Martine and Geeta who would normally be on air might be preparing to cover during the summer because some presenters have had barely any time off since the start of March. The prospect of somebody other than Simon or Jane being on the One might soon be upon us Wink
RN
Rolling News

I wouldn't be surprised if the likes of Martine and Geeta who would normally be on air might be preparing to cover during the summer because some presenters have had barely any time off since the start of March. The prospect of somebody other than Simon or Jane being on the One might soon be upon us Wink

Somebody else doing the One will be an important milestone of the easing of the lockdown Wink
NE
News96
And it is "Silly season" (aka August when anything goes due to the Summer Holidays) coming up soon, in fact the schools (those that have returned) should be breaking up in the next 2 weeks as well.
AS
AlexS

Martine has been on air just as much as normal throughout the pandemic so is in as much need of leave of those other presenters.
RN
Rolling News
Victoria, Joanna, Simon, Ben, Fiona, Huw, Sophie, Jane, Reeta, Annita, Martine and Clive (don't think I've missed anyone?) have all done at least 2/3 days a week every week since the lockdown started and are all in need of well deserved holidays.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Victoria, Joanna, Simon, Ben, Fiona, Huw, Sophie, Jane, Reeta, Annita, Martine and Clive (don't think I've missed anyone?) have all done at least 2/3 days a week every week since the lockdown started and are all in need of well deserved holidays.

Also presenters who do simulcast with World like Matthew Amroliwala, Christian Fraser, Tim Wilcox, Kasia Madera, Lukwesa Burak
JW
JamesWorldNews
Don’t worry. There’s still more than enough presenters in the presenters pool to ensure BBC News and BBC World News stays on-air this summer. Just as there has been for the last many years.

A few names will come back from radio for a few weeks as well, bolstering the numbers. Especially on World, where 4 radio mainstays will take-up their dual roles again and ensure Mathew and Co can have a break.

Plus, Rolling News and I are also available should the need arise. I haven’t done it for a few years though.
HA
harshy Founding member
I’m available too but I’ll present with my mask on
RN
Rolling News
Don’t worry. There’s still more than enough presenters in the presenters pool to ensure BBC News and BBC World News stays on-air this summer. Just as there has been for the last many years.

A few names will come back from radio for a few weeks as well, bolstering the numbers. Especially on World, where 4 radio mainstays will take-up their dual roles again and ensure Mathew and Co can have a break.

Plus, Rolling News and I are also available should the need arise. I haven’t done it for a few years though.

I'll do the One when McCoy's on holiday. Don't fancy doing the late 😉

Newer posts