TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
UEFA CL - EL

The remaining eight matches in the EL R16, surprisingly imo are double headed, at 1755 and 2000 on Wed 5th and Thu 6th August as are the four remaining CL R16 games at 2000 on Fri 7th (MCI-RMA, JUV-LYO) and Sat 8th (BAR-NAP, BAY-CHE) August.
BR
Brekkie
Four of the remaining Premiership Rugby games will be free on Channel 5, with "most" of the fixtures being on BT Sport, but seemingly not a commitment to air them all. They usually air 3 of the 6 fixtures each round, and I think C5 usually air 5 fixtures a season, simulcast with BT, along with weekly highlights.

https://lastwordonrugby.com/2020/07/10/list-of-2019-20-gallagher-premiership-fixtures/
TI
TIGHazard
Probably not the place for it, but I imagine there will be schedule changes and tribute programmes/sections for todays news.

https://news.sky.com/story/england-1966-world-cup-hero-jack-charlton-dies-at-85-12026139
NL
Ne1L C
It’s suitable. RIP Jack.
BR
Brekkie
Will be a minutes silence before this weekends games and obits during today's football shows I imagine but would be surprised if there were any schedule changes today unless there is a repeat suitable for airing. A full obit programme likely to come in a few weeks I imagine.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Interesting sharing of personalities on BT Sport. They are of course producing the Watford - Newcastle match for Amazon, Andy Townsend part of the AZPV presentation of that match interviewed on BTS's Early Kick-off, during their Charlton tribute.
GE
thegeek Founding member
Interesting sharing of personalities on BT Sport. They are of course producing the Watford - Newcastle match for Amazon, Andy Townsend part of the AZPV presentation of that match interviewed on BTS's Early Kick-off, during their Charlton tribute.

Interviewed by Lynsey Hooper, who I guess is reporting for Amazon.

RD
rdd Founding member
If rights allow, RTÉ would do well to repeat their Italia 90 night, though I don’t see any schedule changes so far.

Meanwhile...

Premier Sports using their own graphics and commentary on a PL game (Watford v Newcastle) for the first time since the season resumed - it’s been world feed/PLP up until now.
AJ
AJB39
RTE 1 will repeat the recent Boys in Green documentary tomorrow night at 9.30 pm.
RR
RR
RR posted:
By my maths (and assuming that there haven't been more matches on Pick than are listed on the fixture circulars) Sky will still have 6 FTA fixtures left on the final day of the season.

Based on the Premier League website, I make it five https://www.premierleague.com/news/1680741 .

This to me makes sense - I suspect in ordinary times, Sky would have had three games. the additional games are five Sky, two BT (ordinarily Sky may have used one of the three earlier if they so desired). Unfortunately when they thought that Sky would make its additional games free to air, they forgot that five of them would kick off at the same time! If they are still interested in having them all free to air, they almost certainly won't have the channels on Freeview or Freesat for all the free games, maybe they will put them on Youtube in the UK.

From comments elsewhere, it seems that Sky have moved five additional fixtures to Sky One and Pick since the time of the announcement, and pre the final game. There isn't an accurate list on the Premier League website that I can see.
JA
japitts
rdd posted:
At the moment what is being run isn’t really Super Rugby as we know it. While it’s being branded (effectively for sponsorship reasons) as if it were, what we really have is two separate tournaments in NZ and Australia, with derbies only and a team in each country on a bye each week. So there are only four games a week instead of the seven there would normally be, so a lot more time. NZ is playing a game on Sunday, so you have one game on a Friday (in Aus), two on a Saturday and one on a Sunday.

So yeah, much longer time slots. What is happening as well, at least with the NZ coverage, is that Sky (UK/Irl) are relaying the entire Sky NZ coverage including pre game, half time and post game (albeit the latter may be truncated if there’s an Australian game after) whereas traditionally coverage was little more than “whistle to whistle”.

All good points, but my observation is why Sky UK are now giving the Kiwi games quite generous schedule slots, but still squeezing the Wallabies into tight 1hr 45mins (or so) slots. The games get shown in their entirety which is the main thing, but they're dropping (most of) the pre & post-match stuff for the Aussies. But not the Kiwis.
HA
harshy Founding member
Is there anyway to switch the fake crowd audio off on the cricket?, it’s really annoying.

Newer posts