The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DF
DrewF
NC simulcasting from C with Lucy Hockings from 12pm?

Probably something to do with this...

PD
PoppyDog

Something to do with this???

CM
cmthwtv
Hmm. Probably... and the simulcast seemed to happen with notice, considering she welcomed "viewers in the UK and around the world".

Edit: This as well. Seems that E is being a naughty boy.

NE
News96
Well let's hope this gets sorted before 1:00!
CM
cmthwtv
Well let's hope this gets sorted before 1:00!

I was thinking the opposite. The one from C or B. Or Milbank.

But that, of course, won't happen.
RD
RDJ

Leading with the Licence Fee for over 75's breaking news. Right to lead on it for the UK viewers but some viewers might be a bit confused watching it on the NC and BBC Two why they're skipping over the detail and spending more time explaining what the fee is, how the BBC was established and comparing the cost in US dollars.
MA
Markymark
And let's not forget, it's a well-known fact in television circles that both BBC and ITV dispensed with on-screen clocks leading-into the news because of the incessant complaints on this forum about the late starts of the late evening news in particular.

Channel controllers thought they could throw us off the scent by removing the clocks and we'd never notice a few minutes lateness here and there.

RDJ posted:

Leading with the Licence Fee for over 75's breaking news. Right to lead on it for the UK viewers but some viewers might be a bit confused watching it on the NC and BBC Two why they're skipping over the detail and spending more time explaining what the fee is, how the BBC was established and comparing the cost in US dollars.

It's a far from ideal situation!

I've just realised an annual Radio Times subscription costs more than a TV licence. Slightly ironic
CM
cmthwtv
BBC News at One is, of course, in E.
NE
News96
Looks like The Problems in E are sorted! (LOL About the haircut line!)

NE
News96
On Another note here we go again! (I.e another Press Briefing is happening at 5:00 today and possibly tomorrow as well!)

CU
Custard56
On Another note here we go again! (I.e another Press Briefing is happening at 5:00 today and possibly tomorrow as well!)

Not here for Oliver Dowden saying this afternoon that the BBC is at fault for cutting the free licences for the over-75s when it was the Conservatives that stopped the funding in the first place in 2015 and forced the BBC to shoulder the cost. Absolute hypocrisy from the Conservatives.
AN
Andrew Founding member

Not here for Oliver Dowden saying this afternoon that the BBC is at fault for cutting the free licences for the over-75s when it was the Conservatives that stopped the funding in the first place in 2015 and forced the BBC to shoulder the cost. Absolute hypocrisy from the Conservatives.

Sounds like you've just annoyed yourself based on something in your own head there

It's unlikely he will mention the TV licence at all unless someone brings it up

Newer posts