TV Forum: New for (the middle of) 2020

(June 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JF
JetixFann450

Hey, uh, what site am I on again?
:-(
A former member
I think the site has lost its font files!

JO
Josh
Yes, none of the icons are working.
DV
dvboy
I'm getting little squares everywhere
AS
Asa Admin
I was going for a 'channel not showing their logo' kinda vibe.

(Actual answer - I spotted the host of the JS/CSS/fonts was down so pointed it elsewhere but it didn't quite work. Anyway, the host came back up so back to normal).
Rexogamer, Josh and JetixFann450 gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv
Going global aye Wink

JA
Jamesypoo
Obviously we weren't there, but the special programme shown when the news channel closed down corroborates the account given in that post - Andrew Harvey and a lady whose name I don't know broke the news at 9:18am and the programme then cuts to a clip from 10:12am showing Steve Scott welcoming viewers on ITV1, just as described.

BA
bilky asko
Obviously we weren't there, but the special programme shown when the news channel closed down corroborates the account given in that post - Andrew Harvey and a lady whose name I don't know broke the news at 9:18am and the programme then cuts to a clip from 10:12am showing Steve Scott welcoming viewers on ITV1, just as described.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlKz0z6gxyo

The retrospective clips introduced by, er, Alastair Stewart!
RE
Rexogamer
Suggestion: I think the thread video titles are a little bit hard to read on dark mode, could they please be made white?
AS
Asa Admin
Yeah, there's a couple more tweaks I'd like to do to dark mode too. Think there's a couple of places I've missed.
Search is back, forgot to post that the other day. It unusually failed of its own accord (as opposed to previously where I'd just not started it back up after a server restart).

The Twitter thread seems to have gone quiet since Shaun pointed out that they may be misremembering it with the shooting of Jean Charles de Menezes, which was later that month. I know this place isn't necessarily the beacon of truth but it's a shame the original posts were dismissed so readily.
DW
DavidWhitfield
The only feature I miss from the previous design is when you could hover over a username and see at a glance how many posts someone had made and how long they'd been a member. I appreciate that's not something that was usable on mobile but I do miss it on the desktop.

This appears to have returned, VMPhil! I agree that it's a nice feature, so I'm pleased to see it make a return. Thanks, Asa!
JA
JAS84
I see BlakeIsHereIsBack is banned. Before his posts were deleted (from the GMB thread) I noticed that his avatar looks like a No _____ sign (like No Smoking), which is a nice touch.

Newer posts