TV Home Forum

Music Channels

Trace Urban axed. Trace Hits to launch on 5th January (September 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PF
PFML84
It's fake, I'll bet money on it. The channel isn't coming back, this is someones fantasy being played out in the real world.

No announcement apart from a Twitter page? Sure.
"More info being revealed on 4th July" (a Saturday at lunchtime). Who does that? Nothing was revealed anyway at that time.
No info being released, now just a daily countdown, the ultimate "I have nothing new to post so this will keep the charade going a little longer".
DE88, Mockah and TVVT gave kudos
EL
elmarko
JAS84 posted:
This is the most recent Wayback Machine archive of that Twitter page - which is completely different.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160322014836/https://twitter.com/ScuzzTV

How do you trace the user IDs?

I did this the other day to trace a racist: https://twirpz.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/how-to-find-twitter-users-previous-usernames/

Essentially: Convert current username to twitter user ID with a handy website, then load their current profile, go back in time, find out when people replied to them by including their handle in their tweet text. This should then give you a clue as to one or more old usernames.

Plug that old username into Wayback Machine, see if you have some old captures with those old usernames that you can then look in the sourcecode for and see if the ID you get in the source code matches the one from before that you converted.

Then you can conclusively say "This user used to be <x> and then changed their name to <y>"

Edit: OSINT is fun!
MA
Markymark
JAS84 posted:
This is the most recent Wayback Machine archive of that Twitter page - which is completely different.
https://web.archive.org/web/20160322014836/https://twitter.com/ScuzzTV

How do you trace the user IDs?

I did this the other day to trace a racist: https://twirpz.wordpress.com/2015/06/16/how-to-find-twitter-users-previous-usernames/

Essentially: Convert current username to twitter user ID with a handy website, then load their current profile, go back in time, find out when people replied to them by including their handle in their tweet text. This should then give you a clue as to one or more old usernames.

Plug that old username into Wayback Machine, see if you have some old captures with those old usernames that you can then look in the sourcecode for and see if the ID you get in the source code matches the one from before that you converted.

Then you can conclusively say "This user used to be <x> and then changed their name to <y>"

Edit: OSINT is fun!

You should apply for a job with Dildo Harding's track and trace dept.
PF
PFML84
Only issue is that this ScuzzTV account was created in June 2020 so it isn't the old one reactivated, it's a brand new Twitter account created by someone. I suspect the username just went so long unused Twitter released it again or once the account was closed, the name became instantly available and no-one ever claimed it until recently.

I've also tried following the steps in the linked to article and the ScuzzTV account has a different ID to the one it is using now so the old account seems to have been deleted, not changed to a different username for another channel/brand.
Last edited by PFML84 on 6 July 2020 12:06pm - 2 times in total
CA
Capybara
Only issue is that this ScuzzTV account was created in June 2020 so it isn't the old one reactivated, it's a brand new Twitter account created by someone. I suspect the username just went so long unused Twitter released it again or once the account was closed, the name became instantly available and no-one ever claimed it until recently.

I think that as soon as an account is closed the username becomes available, although it might be a different story if a verified account is closed to prevent people from doing things like this. Twitter probably didn't think Scuzz was that big of a deal or they just didn't realise and treated it like a normal civilian account.
PF
PFML84
Was it ever a ticked verified account when it was originally on Twitter?
DJ
DJ Jimmy
Was it ever a ticked verified account when it was originally on Twitter?

Judging by the Wayback link that was posted earlier, I'm guessing that it wasn't ticked previously.
KE
kernow
Trace Urban seems to be further diversifying their programming, in what seems to be their latest attempt to increase their viewing figures.

For example, they are now showing documentaries such as Trace Yards, and dramas such as Brothers with No Game.

84 days later

KE
kernow
Trace Urban has now been rebranded as Trace Xmas.

This is the first music channel to rebrand as a Christmas channel so far this year. I think this must be the earliest this has ever happened. I think the earliest it's happened before has been November.

It will be interesting to see if Trace Urban actually returns (in its previous format), or if they will use this as an opportunity to rebrand it.
JB
JasonB

Might as well move Christmas Day to October 25th.
PA
PATV Scunthorpe

This is the first music channel to rebrand as a Christmas channel so far this year. I think this must be the earliest this has ever happened. I think the earliest it's happened before has been November.

It will be interesting to see if Trace Urban actually returns (in its previous format), or if they will use this as an opportunity to rebrand it.

It's been 1st October for at least the last two years. Chart Show Hits rebranded to Christmas Hits in 2018, then Starz to Christmas Starz last year (considering Hits was to become Trace Latina).

Does seem interesting to go from Trace Urban... and Chart... and Latina, to Xmas, it obviously doesn't help that they only have two channels now.

29 days later

KE
kernow
Trace have launched a survey to shape their future, which could have implications for the future of their music channels

They have also just changed their twitter handle from traceurbanuk to traceuk_. Whether that bears any relation to if Trace Urban will be returning as a TV channel is yet to be seen.

Newer posts