TV Home Forum

Davina and Rylan to front Big Brother show for E4

"Best Shows" to air this year marking 20 years of BB (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
MO
Mouseboy33
^ Although this is the end of the Endemol brand in the UK as none of their companies here actually had it in their names any more. They were (and still are) such a power house throughout the 2000s and were probably one of the few indies that had at least some brand recognition in the UK through its eye logo and the sheer amount of press and controversies Big Brother had. Seems odd to lose that name now.

Well the Endemol name is still being shown in the end credits of the these Best of BB shows that are airing on Ch4 and underneath the INITIAL productions logo on the end credits..
Last edited by Mouseboy33 on 6 July 2020 6:11pm
JO
Jonwo
Well the Endemol name is still being shown in the end credits of the these Best of BB shows that are airing on Ch4 and underneath the INITIAL productions logo on the end credits..

The acquisition has only cleared within the last few days so I imagine we won't see the Banijay name on any of the former Endemol Shine indies for a while.
MO
Mouseboy33
I know that. I wasnt referring to Banijay . It was about the Endemol name still on BBUK programming.
LV
LondonViewer
^ Although this is the end of the Endemol brand in the UK as none of their companies here actually had it in their names any more. They were (and still are) such a power house throughout the 2000s and were probably one of the few indies that had at least some brand recognition in the UK through its eye logo and the sheer amount of press and controversies Big Brother had. Seems odd to lose that name now.

When did Endemol start featuring as the main brand on the end cap? Series 3?
GO
gottago

Yes because that was made and aired before this change happened today. They don't go back and edit logos on the endboards of programmes that have already been aired (edits by distributors on ancient archive excepted, of course). The Best of BB shows ended a few weeks ago.
MO
Mouseboy33
^ Although this is the end of the Endemol brand in the UK as none of their companies here actually had it in their names any more . They were (and still are) such a power house throughout the 2000s and were probably one of the few indies that had at least some brand recognition in the UK through its eye logo and the sheer amount of press and controversies Big Brother had. Seems odd to lose that name now.

Yes because that was made and aired before this change happened today. They don't go back and edit logos on the endboards of programmes that have already been aired (edits by distributors on ancient archive excepted, of course). The Best of BB shows ended a few weeks ago.

Not sure what you're on about. Rolling Eyes
I know that. Not talking about Benijay.
GO
gottago
^ Although this is the end of the Endemol brand in the UK as none of their companies here actually had it in their names any more . They were (and still are) such a power house throughout the 2000s and were probably one of the few indies that had at least some brand recognition in the UK through its eye logo and the sheer amount of press and controversies Big Brother had. Seems odd to lose that name now.

Not sure what you're on about. Rolling Eyes
I know that. Not talking about Benijay.

It was quite clear what I was saying, and no doubt like with most of your posts you're being difficult for the sake of it. The Endemol brand will no longer be used in the UK going forward. You saw the word 'Endemol' in the production company logo of what is now an old show, hence why it still said 'Endemol'. I'm sorry if you lack the capacity to understand something so basic.
bilky asko, Soupnzi and Ghost gave kudos
GO
gottago
Today is the 20th anniversary of the first housemates walking into the first house. The excellent Diamond Geezer blog has been there to see what's left of the site in Bow (spoiler: absolutely nothing). Interesting that Peter Bazelgette, whose production company made that series, was the great grandson of Joseph Bazelgette whose Victorian sewers and pumping station was right next to the house!

https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2020/07/big-brother-20.html
JO
Josh
Slightly off-topic but a brilliant read from pre-closure Television Centre:

https://diamondgeezer.blogspot.com/2013/02/television-centre.html
BR
Brekkie
Interesting to see the site now, not that there is much to see. Not sure where the alternative proposed site at Radlett may have been - just looks like a small village outside of Elstree/Borehamwood to me with no obvious production base.

Esquire
have done a really nice article to mark 20 years of the show, and pretty much sum up where it all went wrong in the end.

JO
Josh
And today is the 20th anniversary of the first episode being aired. Happy birthday to a brilliant show.
DO
dosxuk
Josh posted:
And today is the 20th anniversary of the first episode being aired. Happy birthday to a brilliant show.

It's not a brilliant show.

As a concept, I'll give you unique (for the time), exciting, expansive and even brilliant. As an actual programme, as realised by channel 5, it's faults, problems and criticisms far outweighed any positivity the show created.

I would be amazed if even 1% of viewers of the first series rated the final series as equally entertaining.

Newer posts