TV Home Forum

Alan Carr's Epic Gameshow

Pretty much a retake on Gameshow Marathon in my opinion. (May 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
RO
robharrison

I don't think necessarily the music is 'lost' though, I think easily accessible copies of it might be missing but nearly everything is out there, somewhere...

I completely agree. I know someone with all of the music for Ted's 3-2-1, Bob's Family Fortunes and Leslie's Price Is Right, and by all I mean every single cue from the quarter inch tapes so Mike's correct, it's all out there somewhere!
GO
gottago
Xilla posted:
I remember the original beds for Bullseye, Blockbusters and TVS Catchphrase surfacing on that WeDigTV website many moons ago.

Wow now there's a blast from the past! I'd completely forgotten about that site, was great fun.
DE88, JamesLaverty1925 and bilky asko gave kudos
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator
I think it's fair to say that if it returned Bullseye would be better suited as a 45 minute programme, as per quite a few of the other programmes. A 45 minute episode would work well with the earlier original format, whereby over team would leave after the categories round, which could coincide with an ad break. If it got its own series then it would be nice to see bronze bully return. I didn't think that much of the epic endgame compared to the 101 gamble, though it did fit in the speedboat reference. At least the prize board prizes were better than in the Challenge TV series.
JK
JKDerry
I think it's fair to say that if it returned Bullseye would be better suited as a 45 minute programme, as per quite a few of the other programmes. A 45 minute episode would work well with the earlier original format, whereby over team would leave after the categories round, which could coincide with an ad break. If it got its own series then it would be nice to see bronze bully return. I didn't think that much of the epic endgame compared to the 101 gamble, though it did fit in the speedboat reference. At least the prize board prizes were better than in the Challenge TV series.

I missed the episode, what was on offer on the updated prize board for 2020?
TV
iloveTV1

I missed the episode, what was on offer on the updated prize board for 2020?

In the first endgame, where they had to hit red or black, there were things like West End tickets and a two night stay in London. In the second endgame, with the spinning boards, there were things like a week in Mexico, and a car.
BR
Brekkie
It was lucky they did win both the West End tickets and the stay in London.
JA
JAS84
I assume the contestants will be getting cash equivalent? Those prizes can't be used at the moment.
JA
james-2001
JAS84 posted:
I assume the contestants will be getting cash equivalent? Those prizes can't be used at the moment.

Depends when it was filmed, they may have used the tickets before all this started.
AA
Amber Avenger
The series was filmed quite a while ago, initially it was supposed to air last autumn I think. That said the contestants usually get their prizes after the show has been broadcast regardless of filming date so not sure if that happened here.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Assuming the prizes were supplied by sponsors etc it would cost them much more to provide the cash equivalent. More likely that they'll just provide the free prize to be taken at a date in the future when it's possible?
JO
Jonwo
Assuming the prizes were supplied by sponsors etc it would cost them much more to provide the cash equivalent. More likely that they'll just provide the free prize to be taken at a date in the future when it's possible?

I would imagine they could easily swap the tickets for another West End show when theatres reopen if the show in question has closed.
BG
Big-G
I thought Alan Carr looked bored during the filming of Bullseye. If they do commission a run of this, which I don't think they will, I would like to see it hosted by Lee Mack. I saw Lee in a pro celebrity darts programme a few years back and he was a decent darts player, not that that matters to host the show, but it could add an extra dimension.

I didn't like the new end game with four boards, they should have stuck with the classic 101 in six darts, and if the first couple refuse then bring back on the other couples from earlier to gamble their winnings.

Also what happened to the pro dart player coming on to throw for charity?

G

Newer posts