TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
PL
plymouthbloke1974
AZPV?
JO
Jon
Amazon Prime Video.
RD
rdd Founding member
Premier Sports taking the fully produced IMG/PLP studio coverage for Southampton v Man City tonight, for the small number that will be watching it on that channel instead of BBC One.
RR
RR
Have been told that the final matchday of the Premier League is to be heavily skewed to Sky as Expected

Sky having the first six picks, BT the seventh, Sky the eighth, BT the ninth and AZPV the final match, we'll see.

Will Amazon have any games - won't they have had their four games by then?
VA
valley
RR posted:
Have been told that the final matchday of the Premier League is to be heavily skewed to Sky as Expected

Sky having the first six picks, BT the seventh, Sky the eighth, BT the ninth and AZPV the final match, we'll see.

They had a game on the 29th June, and have a game on the 9th July and on the 11th July. That leaves them one left out of the remaining batch of unannounced fixtures.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member

Pretty certain BT should still have a second pick left for the final day and then seventh pick, Sky with the rest.

Amazon won't have any, they'll have already had all four of their matches before the final day.

RR posted:

They had a game on the 29th June, and have a game on the 9th July and on the 11th July. That leaves them one left out of the remaining batch of unannounced fixtures.

They also have a game on the 20th.
Last edited by Blake Connolly on 6 July 2020 7:56am
VA
valley
They also have a game on the 20th.

So they do. Thanks - I missed that when going through the list.
SW
Steve Williams
Exactly. Just wondering though with the crowd/natural audio option so far being split across Main Event and Premier League can regular Sky channels have two audio options running with the same video feed?

There's already been a few occasions where they've had two matches at once, with one each on Main Event and Premier League. They have simulcast a few on Action, presumably to allow the split, but I would assume that in this instance when they have several at once, on some matches there won't be the choice and you'll just get what you're given.
TI
tightrope78
The death of Ennio Morricone makes me think of the BBC’s great use of Gabriel’s Oboe in their Grand National coverage. Still so evocative, especially when they used it on the rundown of the runners and riders.

Last edited by tightrope78 on 6 July 2020 2:40pm
GE
thegeek Founding member
By my maths (and assuming that there haven't been more matches on Pick than are listed on the fixture circulars) Sky will still have 6 FTA fixtures left on the final day of the season.
DV
DVB Cornwall
I've done some digging. A word of explanation for the AZPV issue. The assessment I was informed of was made on a part list which incorrectly allocated the Sheff Utd - Everton match to Sky, presumably the displacement of matches involving the clubs involved in the FA Cup SFs being involved in the error. I'll leave it be now and move on. Apologies.

I concur with the final day 8-2 split now.
RR
RR
By my maths (and assuming that there haven't been more matches on Pick than are listed on the fixture circulars) Sky will still have 6 FTA fixtures left on the final day of the season.

Based on the Premier League website, I make it five https://www.premierleague.com/news/1680741 .

This to me makes sense - I suspect in ordinary times, Sky would have had three games. the additional games are five Sky, two BT (ordinarily Sky may have used one of the three earlier if they so desired). Unfortunately when they thought that Sky would make its additional games free to air, they forgot that five of them would kick off at the same time! If they are still interested in having them all free to air, they almost certainly won't have the channels on Freeview or Freesat for all the free games, maybe they will put them on Youtube in the UK.

Newer posts