The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019

JO
Joe
Any more detail or..?
VM
VMPhil Granada North West Today
Probably to do with the 5pm NHS clap that nobody knew was happening? I didn't hear anything round here.
Brekkie and Anglialad gave kudos
AN
Anglialad Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
Probably to do with the 5pm NHS clap that nobody knew was happening? I didn't hear anything round here.

Same here
commseng - "Radio Homicide would be murder to listen to".
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
Yes. They gave 7 minutes of the national bulletin to the clapping. It was a clap countdown, don’t know if it’s been used before as I don’t really pay attention to them.
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Yes. They gave 7 minutes of the national bulletin to the clapping. It was a clap countdown, don’t know if it’s been used before as I don’t really pay attention to them.

It was used on Thursday evening's in the run up to the weekly clap (from about the 4th week onwards I think).
Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
NE
Newsroom
Special countdown into the news at 16:58.

Anyone manage to capture this by any chance?
RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
Special countdown into the news at 16:58.

Anyone manage to capture this by any chance?

I didn't capture today's but it was the same (or similar) to this one:

Stay alert. Control the virus. Save lives.
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
From Chris:

@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives
FC
FrancesC

Yes and the teatime bulletin was extended to half an hour, longer than the late news…
CW
Charlie Wells Moderator Anglia (West) Look East (West sub-opt)
How long has studio E had a perspex screen up to desk height between the presenter and the guest position?
"Listen, we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but from now on what I think you should bring is silence." - Rimmer
HB
HarryB Meridian (Thames Valley) South Today
How long has studio E had a perspex screen up to desk height between the presenter and the guest position?

I can't see a perspex here in the video posted above from yesterday. There is perspex behind the guest to stop anyone walking on the train tracks
JW
JamesWorldNews STV Central World News
^ What's the whitish screen structure just to the right of the BBC News flatscreen in the picture above?
@JamesWorldNews | #StayHomeSaveLives

Newer posts