TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
BK
bkman1990
Channel 4 F1 have new sponsorship & updated titles & break bumpers for this years TV coverage.

The entire team are doing their TV coverage at the Silverstone Experience this year. They have the Channel 4 logo lit up on one of the building's wall inside above the main presenting team. They also have two big touchscreens in place inside the building. The setup looks fantastic imo. Very smart to do this while the whole world is in lockdown. Well done Channel 4.
Last edited by bkman1990 on 4 July 2020 7:00pm
BR
Brekkie
Touchscreens - surprised they're not banned at the moment.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Possibly why they have two?
VA
valley
Touchscreens - surprised they're not banned at the moment.

Why? They're easy to clean as long as you have the right chemicals (and disconnect the input), and as long as only one person touches them at one time (or two people only touch their own half) there's no risk.
TI
TIGHazard

Also BBC Sport have announced their plans for Olympics Rewind
Tuesday 14th July - Thursday 16th July
Beijing 2008 (BBC Two)

Friday 17th July
London 2012 Torch Relay (BBC Two)
London 2012 Opening Ceremony Directors Cut (BBC One)

Saturday 18th July-Sunday 19th July
London 2012 Rewind (BBC One)

Monday 20th July-Friday 25th July
Rio 2016 (BBC Two)

Saturday 26th July
Britain's Great Olympic Moments (BBC One)

Is the director’s cut the 2.5-hour version aired on BBC Three several years ago? Actually I’d prefer them to replay the full 4-hr coverage.

Yes, as I posted on the previous page - see the programmes page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037w9df#broadcasts

I guess the parade of nations is almost entirely removed in this version.

I believe it's the version James mentioned above with the edits and it also pretty much removes the parade of nations (I believe we are still included)
BK
bkman1990
Here's a few pictures from C4F1's twitter on their set up.

MC
MintyCymru
So glad this is back, curious to see how sterile the atmosphere at winners podium is going to be. After all these years of cheering crowds...
CO
cobbles
Interest to see the Man City match on BBC One, would have thought Sky would have wanted that over either Newcastle or Burnley matches?
HC
Hatton Cross
Channel 4 F1 have new sponsorship & updated titles & break bumpers for this years TV coverage.

The entire team are doing their TV coverage at the Silverstone Experience this year. They have the Channel 4 logo lit up on one of the building's wall inside above the main presenting team. They also have two big touchscreens in place inside the building. The setup looks fantastic imo. Very smart to do this while the whole world is in lockdown. Well done Channel 4.

The 'whole world' is not in lockdown. Parts of it haven't even been touched by it. And there's evidence of a relaxation in those pictures, with David Coulthard, a Monaco resident, commentating from Northamptonshire.
So I don't know what point you are trying to make in relation to Whisper/Channel 4.

But, it is a clever place to anchor your coverage from, as Silverstone will host two grand prixs next month, one live on 4 and the other not. Suspect for the second race, presentionation may end up being done from the roof, or a room with trackside views - unless they get special dispensation from FOM/FIA to be in the paddock from that race.
BR
Brekkie
So presumably...

Sky Sports Main Event
Sky Sports Premier League
Sky Sports Football
Sky One
Pick
Challenge?
Sky Sports News?

There's no need to put them all on a linear channel, like Sky didn't, and BT don't, do on Champions League nights when there are eight games at the same time. They can use the red button and online.

Exactly. Just wondering though with the crowd/natural audio option so far being split across Main Event and Premier League can regular Sky channels have two audio options running with the same video feed? I suspect the days of Sky offering an interactive commentary free feed are long gone but I guess when they did it was via another video feed.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
There should be no difference between that and S4C having English and Welsh audio on the same stream. The platform can handle handle multiple audio tracks on a single channel.
DV
DVB Cornwall
Have been told that the final matchday of the Premier League is to be heavily skewed to Sky as Expected

Sky having the first six picks, BT the seventh, Sky the eighth, BT the ninth and AZPV the final match, we'll see.

Newer posts