The Newsroom

BBC News: Presenters, correspondent & rotas

Split from BBC News: Presenters & Rotas (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
Newsroom
AlexS posted:
Nancy Kacinguru making her debut on the Papers this evening!

Surely a telltale sign what BBC management think of Lukwesa Burak. Demoted to Focus on Africa while a Focus on Africa presenter covers what is usually her shift.

Notwithstanding, perhaps BBC News should get your approval before employing anyone in a presenting role on any of its channels. You could volunteer to become their official screentester.

Lol. Only joking. But please stop jumping to silly conclusions. 😉

Ummmmm, not the greatest of ideas James. Wink
JamesWorldNews and Rolling News gave kudos
SO
Soupnzi

I would take a guess and say yes, and she is surprisingly alright at it. It’s not just a generic hour either, plenty more interviews with quite senior figures and she does almost make it seem like a visual radio show.

Adding to the chorus of agreement here - yes after all the fuss about it being axed, it turns out Victoria is far better suited to this format they have been running during the pandemic than the ridiculously over-produced stuff they did on the VD show. Has shown why she was rated so highly to make the move from 5 live to TV to start with. 9am has become a very watchable hour on BBC One, they should make this a permanent move.

Do you think her and Annita's current slot could return as "BBC News at Nine" post-pandemic?

Not sure how they’ll brand it, but this slot was rating OK last time I looked. Given the difficulties all broadcasters are going to face in filling schedules going forward (especially BBC Daytime with its recorded content), I should think they will keep this 0900 hour (specifically branded or not) going, at least until the autumn. And even after that, the BBC is struggling financially, so why not keep it going.
LE
lesmauresfr

Adding to the chorus of agreement here - yes after all the fuss about it being axed, it turns out Victoria is far better suited to this format they have been running during the pandemic than the ridiculously over-produced stuff they did on the VD show. Has shown why she was rated so highly to make the move from 5 live to TV to start with. 9am has become a very watchable hour on BBC One, they should make this a permanent move.

Do you think her and Annita's current slot could return as "BBC News at Nine" post-pandemic?

Not sure how they’ll brand it, but this slot was rating OK last time I looked. Given the difficulties all broadcasters are going to face in filling schedules going forward (especially BBC Daytime with its recorded content), I should think they will keep this 0900 hour (specifically branded or not) going, at least until the autumn. And even after that, the BBC is struggling financially, so why not keep it going.

As mentioned here before, it's a very watchable hour on BBC One.
LE
lesmauresfr
Tina on the evening news and 10 (or whatever you want to call it) tonight.
JF
JF World News

ON the BBC Online it says BBC News at Nine date just not branded as on-air
RN
Rolling News

As mentioned here before, it's a very watchable hour on BBC One.

I used to find Victoria a bit snotty, as though she thought she was a cut above the other NC presenters as she had a better programme with style and flair. But since the pandemic, I've grown to like her as she's proven she is prepared to do standard rolling news from Studio E and she is actually quite good at it. Studio E has actually made Victoria a nice person and I now like watching her.
CM
cmthwtv
Why is it some people have such a grudge about Tina Daheley on here?

I am watching the late news and she’s great. Very competent for somebody who made her name on a magazine radio show.
RN
Rolling News

I am watching the late news and she’s great. Very competent for somebody who made her name on a magazine radio show.

It's mainly a certain 'someone' who has a grudge against her and other newsreaders...
BA
Bananas
Studio E has actually made Victoria a nice person

I just... Whu..?
LE
lesmauresfr

I think she's wonderful. Would be great to see more of her to be honest, although she is quite a busy lady.
RN
Rolling News
Ben Brown staying on at 2pm - doesn’t somebody else normally take over at this time at the weekend ?
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse
Ben Brown staying on at 2pm - doesn’t somebody else normally take over at this time at the weekend ?

Yeah, Tim Wilcox for several weeks, 6 hours is a long time to be on air even with breaks during the back halfs

Newer posts