TV Home Forum

The Sport Thread

For stuff not worthy of a thread of its own (July 2016)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
TI
TIGHazard
I believe the final day maths are Sky 7, BT 2, AZPV 1. I’m open to correction there.

So presumably...

Sky Sports Main Event
Sky Sports Premier League
Sky Sports Football
Sky One
Pick
Challenge?
Sky Sports News?
BR
Brekkie
Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Arena will be considered before Challenge. Sky Sports News will cover all matches as usual I'd expect.
VA
valley
Sky Sports Mix, Sky Sports Action and Sky Sports Arena will be considered before Challenge. Sky Sports News will cover all matches as usual I'd expect.

Yes, they’ll certainly use Action and Arena - as they have done before when they have too many games.
TL
toby lerone 2016

Yes, they’ll certainly use Action and Arena - as they have done before when they have too many games.

Sky have aired Darts on Sky Sports Football & Premier League before when they have had too much sport on at one time so any of their channels is possible before Challenge or Sky Sports News.
BR
Brekkie
Would be nice if there is still a bit to play for on the final day - I've long thought that all matches should be offered for the last day of the season and was surprised that with them opening up the four midweek/Bank Holiday rounds they didn't include the final day too.
BC
Blake Connolly Founding member
I believe the final day maths are Sky 7, BT 2, AZPV 1. I’m open to correction there.

Think the confusion might be that Sheffield Utd v Everton on Monday 20th is currently listed as Sky Sports on the Premier League fixtures page but it is actually Amazon's fourth and final game.
SP
Steve in Pudsey

Sky have aired Darts on Sky Sports Football & Premier League before when they have had too much sport on at one time so any of their channels is possible before Challenge or Sky Sports News.

And red button Match Choice is available too.
SW
Steve Williams
So presumably...

Sky Sports Main Event
Sky Sports Premier League
Sky Sports Football
Sky One
Pick
Challenge?
Sky Sports News?

There's no need to put them all on a linear channel, like Sky didn't, and BT don't, do on Champions League nights when there are eight games at the same time. They can use the red button and online.
FC
FrancesC

Also BBC Sport have announced their plans for Olympics Rewind
Tuesday 14th July - Thursday 16th July
Beijing 2008 (BBC Two)

Friday 17th July
London 2012 Torch Relay (BBC Two)
London 2012 Opening Ceremony Directors Cut (BBC One)

Saturday 18th July-Sunday 19th July
London 2012 Rewind (BBC One)

Monday 20th July-Friday 25th July
Rio 2016 (BBC Two)

Saturday 26th July
Britain's Great Olympic Moments (BBC One)

Is the director’s cut the 2.5-hour version aired on BBC Three several years ago? Actually I’d prefer them to replay the full 4-hr coverage.
JA
james-2001
The director's cut is the one the BBC released on DVD and Blu-Ray. It is complete, but it has some extra effects added that weren't in the live broadcast (most notably dimming the sky in the James Bond helicopter scene so it match the nighttime of the stadium) and some different camera shots because they didn't get the best ones on the original broadcast.

I don't know if the broadcast will be unedited, of course.

For some reason though, even though they have the director's cut on the DVD and Blu-ray for the opening cermeony, and an option to watch without commentary, the closing ceremony is literally just what was broadcast at the time, including the "Live: Olympic Stadium" caption that pops up several times.
DV
dvboy

Beijing 2008 (BBC Two)

Friday 17th July

Rio 2016 (BBC Two)

Saturday 26th July

Is the director’s cut the 2.5-hour version aired on BBC Three several years ago? Actually I’d prefer them to replay the full 4-hr coverage.

Think so. It's 2:30 duration.
GE
thegeek Founding member

Beijing 2008 (BBC Two)

Friday 17th July

Rio 2016 (BBC Two)

Saturday 26th July

Yes, as I posted on the previous page - see the programmes page: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b037w9df#broadcasts

I guess the parade of nations is almost entirely removed in this version.

Newer posts