TV Home Forum

The Simpsons in the UK

(April 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
ET
ethanh05
Bad news for TVVT and Josh - Kingsmill are still sponsors.
TV
TVVT
I noticed an advert for it too before it began. The previous sponsors (Lego Hidden Side) wern’t on for too long, but Kingsmill has been for quite a while (Febuary/March)
ET
ethanh05
TVVT posted:
I noticed an advert for it too before it began. The previous sponsors (Lego Hidden Side) wern’t on for too long, but Kingsmill has been for quite a while (Febuary/March)

Lego Hidden Side actually sponsored it for quite a while in total - they sponsored between about September to November, when Not On The High Street sponsored all 'Festive Entertainment', then it went back to Hidden Side in Jan to as you said March when Kingsmill took over.

Still annoying though.
TV
TVVT
Sorry about that, I didn’t get access to Freeview and as a result didn’t watch C4 until Not On The High Street came to sponsor.
BR
Brekkie
dvboy posted:
24 was shown on BBC Choice a week ahead of BBC Two, presumably one of many incentives for digital take-up.

They pulled the last episode of the first series from BBC Choice after BBC Two fell a week behind because of overrunning snooker coverage.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2002/aug/12/broadcasting.bbc

That was such a non-story, I remember scoffing at that article at the time. I love the quotes in there, especially from the bloke who had enough money to cancel a holiday but not enough to buy a video. This has been pretty standard practice, they showed the next episode on BBC Choice straight after the BBC2 screening, but didn't do that for the last episode so everyone could see it at once. That's the choice you make when you decide to watch it "early". The snooker bit isn't really correct either, they just took it off for a week for the snooker final, as they do with loads of other shows.

Shows being "cancelled" for clickbait isn't a new thing then, plus of course US network shows are pretty much designed to be interrupted frequently through their run.

Bringing it back on topic (roughly) what do Fox usually do with their in-season repeats of The Simpsons - I assume they use more recent repeats rather than classics.
HD
HybridDaDink
TVVT posted:

Lego Hidden Side actually sponsored it for quite a while in total - they sponsored between about September to November, when Not On The High Street sponsored all 'Festive Entertainment', then it went back to Hidden Side in Jan to as you said March when Kingsmill took over.

Still annoying though.

I know this is off-topic but I have just seen a TV show on CITV of the same name and it's alright. Does anyone remember the Birds Eye sponsorship?
TV
TVVT
I remember that sponsorship. Wasn’t it an animated version of their exsisting ad campaign, I seem to remember the advert having a dog tail on the boy but IIRC they didn’t do that on the sponsorship.
HD
HybridDaDink
TVVT posted:
I remember that sponsorship. Wasn’t it an animated version of their exsisting ad campaign, I seem to remember the advert having a dog tail on the boy but IIRC they didn’t do that on the sponsorship.

The tail was on the boy originally on the sponsorship but later got removed for unknown reasons.
HD
HybridDaDink
Yesterday, I think CH4 might of shown the episode 'American History X-cellent' uncensored but I'm not sure.
What do they usually cut from it?

22 days later

CC
CCFG
Channel 4 are now using the cropped copies of The Simpsons. Sksksksksk.
GH
Ghost
Channel 4 are now using the cropped copies of The Simpsons. Sksksksksk.

I’m watching right now, and it isn’t cropped. Or is this just on HD? Because I’m watching on SD.
WH
what
They show the 4:3 version on HD and the 16:9 crop on SD.

Newer posts