TV Home Forum

This Morning

Social distance no more thanks to clever tech. (p184) - 16/04/18 onwards (April 2018)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
JO
Jonwo
Speaking of Martin Frizell, he did the MediaMasters podcast:
https://www.mediamasters.fm/martin-frizell/

Was interesting to hear about how he made major changes to This Morning and Loose Women and also how they adapted the show during the pandemic.
Last edited by Jonwo on 2 July 2020 11:05pm
MA
Meridian AM
Eamonn confirmed on today's programme that he will be presenting it every day throughout the summer with Ruth.
BR
Brekkie
Haven't Holly and Phil usually finished quite early for summer in recent years, so I'd guess they'd likely be due to finish next week rather than the week after when the schools do. And obviously some form of holiday is now an option for people, so I suspect most will be taking their summers off as normal.
JO
Jonwo
Eamonn confirmed on today's programme that he will be presenting it every day throughout the summer with Ruth.

Not too surprising as that happened when Eamonn and Ruth presented during the half term.
SP
Steve in Pudsey
Just an idle thought I had - in this era of keeping the number of people in studios to a minimum, does having Phil and Holly present from one set of positions on the set and Eamonn and Ruth present from others (because they don't need to socially distance) cause any issues operationally in terms of needing relighting between shows? Or is TC3's grid sufficiently flexible that they can light both and just choose the correct plot on the console?
JW
JamesWorldNews
I guess Holly is sitting in the same spot (more or less) where a studio guest would have been sitting and, therefore, lighting is already rigged for the sofa work.

Not sure about over at the elbow though.
BR
Brekkie
They had Alison back in the studio today making Mojitos and have said chefs will begin to return with Phil Vickery due later this week.
JO
Jonwo
They had Alison back in the studio today making Mojitos and have said chefs will begin to return with Phil Vickery due later this week.

Looks like they're slowly bringing back contributors.
MA
Meridian AM

Yes, Phil Vickery is back in the studio today, along with the Speakmans.

From next week, Eamonn and Ruth will be presenting Monday to Thursday every week until September.
Phillip and Holly's final programme will be this Friday.
RD
RDJ
From next week, Eamonn and Ruth will be presenting Monday to Thursday every week until September.

I thought it was clarified that Eamonn and Ruth will be doing Mon-Fri during the Summer like they did at Easter?
MA
Meridian AM
RDJ posted:

I thought it was clarified that Eamonn and Ruth will be doing Mon-Fri during the Summer like they did at Easter?

Friday hosts to be announced in due course.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/tv/phillip-schofield-holly-willoughby-announce-22314818.amp
AN
Andrew Founding member
I’m guessing Eammon made an off the cuff remark that he was working ‘every day this summer’ and someone here took it literally

Newer posts