The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
FC
FrancesC
After realising that I don’t actually watch the news for the news half the time, I have sat down watching the ten for just the news.

However, tonight, I have been struck with such a shocking development. Since when is this camera angle used - on the Ten?

I next expect Sophie to tell us “in a moment we will be joined by viewers on BBC One...”

I think they should let Huw or Sophie begin the bulletin from the catwalk for one night only Wink
LE
lesmauresfr
Anyone a fan of Outside Source? I personally think it’s "had its time" and is a little dull.
Any ops?

It was alright when it started but it's now had its day. They need to scrap it and Beyond 100 Days and come up with a new show aimed at a global audience to simulcast on World between 8-10pm, then have a 'News 24 Tonight' style programme between 7-8pm on the News Channel.

I totally agree.
JW
JamesWorldNews
After realising that I don’t actually watch the news for the news half the time, I have sat down watching the ten for just the news.

However, tonight, I have been struck with such a shocking development. Since when is this camera angle used - on the Ten?

I next expect Sophie to tell us “in a moment we will be joined by viewers on BBC One...”

So, you didn’t actually sit down to watch the Ten for “just the news” after all, huh? Lol.

You’ve now attained the status of 5* TVGeek! Welcome to the club!

I like the quote from John Humphrys that someone posted above. True, that!
JW
JamesWorldNews
^^ I agree with Rich and others who’ve posted on the subject of Outside Source.

I also believe that the setting and the clunky screen (both when in use pre-pandemic) contribute to the dated feel of the program, ironically, when the remit is to actually provide a bang-up-to-date and bang-on-trend product!

The 8-10pm slot could be filled with something which makes better use of Studio B and allows for a bit more in-depth analysis. Keep the gadgets if necessary, but let it not be the be-all and end-all of the program. The multiple screens in Studio B would allow for multiple strand guests DTL.

And, obviously, simulcast on Channel and World.

This will obviously provoke questions about making the space free for Newsnight rehearsals once things are back to normal. Don’t know how they’ll manage that. But they’ll think of something.
RN
Rolling News

Wow, scale it back a bit, LOL!

I’ve seen it used before on the senior bulletins. I’m sure as well they’ve used a fake backdrop of the newsroom on that screen behind the presenter to try and trick us into thinking they’re sitting down, when in fact they’re just making it easier for them to tell the next story from the catwalk.

I might’ve been slightly exaggerating. But I simply couldn’t believe my eyes. Very Happy

Just to be clear, when I said "scale it back" I meant the photo was really big when viewing this page on my laptop! But viewing it on my tablet it's of a normal size. I wasn't criticising your enthusiasm 😇.
CM
cmthwtv
Wow, scale it back a bit, LOL!

I’ve seen it used before on the senior bulletins. I’m sure as well they’ve used a fake backdrop of the newsroom on that screen behind the presenter to try and trick us into thinking they’re sitting down, when in fact they’re just making it easier for them to tell the next story from the catwalk.

I might’ve been slightly exaggerating. But I simply couldn’t believe my eyes. Very Happy

Just to be clear, when I said "scale it back" I meant the photo was really big when viewing this page on my laptop! But viewing it on my tablet it's of a normal size. I wasn't criticising your enthusiasm 😇.

Ah. I do it on my phone, because it is easier for me, and it appears smaller on there.
FC
FrancesC
^^ I agree with Rich and others who’ve posted on the subject of Outside Source.

I also believe that the setting and the clunky screen (both when in use pre-pandemic) contribute to the dated feel of the program, ironically, when the remit is to actually provide a bang-up-to-date and bang-on-trend product!

The 8-10pm slot could be filled with something which makes better use of Studio B and allows for a bit more in-depth analysis. Keep the gadgets if necessary, but let it not be the be-all and end-all of the program. The multiple screens in Studio B would allow for multiple strand guests DTL.

And, obviously, simulcast on Channel and World.

This will obviously provoke questions about making the space free for Newsnight rehearsals once things are back to normal. Don’t know how they’ll manage that. But they’ll think of something.

Maybe it’s time to set a new programme just like ‘BBC Four News’ in the early 2000s.
RN
Rolling News

This has just made it on to Loose Women!
NE
Newsroom

This has just made it on to Loose Women!

And CNN also ran it along with the Mark Austin clip from Sky News.
CM
cmthwtv
Is it normal on world for the presenters to say “you can reach me on twitter I am @...” on World?

Just Ben Brown is occasionally saying it when he’s in C and he always seems shocked when he reads it..
JW
JamesWorldNews
Is it normal on world for the presenters to say “you can reach me on twitter I am @...” on World?

Just Ben Brown is occasionally saying it when he’s in C and he always seems shocked when he reads it..

It's quite a common sign-off by the World presenters.
SuperSajuuk and cmthwtv gave kudos
CM
cmthwtv
Special countdown into the news at 16:58.

Newer posts