(May 2011)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
DV
DVB Cornwall
On air statement on GMA this morning

fanoftv, Toasty603 and JosiahStuart gave kudos
OM
Omnipresent
An interesting article from the New York Times on how many media executives and presenters fled Manhattan for the Hamptons during COVID-19 highlighting the inequality between them and front line reporters:

Quote:
“The biggest story in the world came to your front door and you left — that to me is insane,” she said, adding that her experience — the woman who works the front desk of her gym died, and she wrote about a funeral procession for another neighbor — has been essential to her reporting.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/14/business/media/media-executives-hamptons.html

8 days later

SE
seamus
Some absurd news out of Atlanta - apparently the CBS-owned CW affiliate in Atlanta, WUPA, had launched a "local" 10pm newscast broadcast from the WCBS studio in New York in February. When the CBS Broadcast Center shut down in March, WUPA began simulcasting a WBZ-produced 10pm newscast from Boston, continuing to present. Apparently there are no opts, no local content - just Boston-focused news being broadcast 1000 miles away in Atlanta for over 3 months.

Wouldn't a CBSN simulcast be a better fit? I really don't understand CBS's response to COVID-19 - ABC and NBC were able to carry on with close to normal production all while practicing health recommendations (remote presenters, reporters etc)
Jeffmister and Rkolsen gave kudos

10 days later

FC
FrancesC
There is an NBC News, MSNBC, Telemundo and CNBC co-production now on NBC News now but not a joint broadcast. First since CNBC joined the NBC Universal News Group?
RK
Rkolsen
There is an NBC News, MSNBC, Telemundo and CNBC co-production now on NBC News now but not a joint broadcast. First since CNBC joined the NBC Universal News Group?

What was the special about?

Probably the first since CNBC was put back in the NBCUniversal News Group. However Telemundo isn’t an official participant, but they participate in the daily conference calls and logistics are shared.

Edit :

Last edited by Rkolsen on 3 July 2020 8:25pm

22 days later

DV
DVB Cornwall
New on Disney+

Former ABC correspondent Bob Woodruff severely injured whilst reporting in Iraq in 2006 and his son, Mack visit conflict areas looking for hope. 6 episodes apx 35min running time, each.

Colombia, Papua NG, Ethiopia, Pakistan, Lebanon and Ukraine being the areas visited.
MA
mark Founding member
If anyone's interested in seeing Early Today (NBC's early-morning newscast), it's now on a loop on NBC News Now from 9am-3pm UK time on weekdays.

The programme is currently based in the alcove of the NBC Nightly News studio, with an early-morning New York skyline on the screens and the Nightly News desk.

NBC News Now was originally only streaming from 3-11PM ET, but it's now available round the clock on NBC's new Peacock service, so they've added extra programming like this.
JosiahStuart, Toasty603 and scottishtv gave kudos
RK
Rkolsen
NBC Nightly News on Saturday night had audio problems for the first package. The audio was distorted and sounded as if they slowed it down. I assume the package may have been fed live or turned around just before air as they didn’t catch it.

BR
Brekkie
Is CBS still touring affiliates for the weekend news and has the Morning News returned to it's usual studio now?
RK
Rkolsen
Is CBS still touring affiliates for the weekend news and has the Morning News returned to it's usual studio now?

CBS Weekend News has been coming from the DC Bureau flash cam but I think they went to LA once or twice using network talent. The CBS Morning News block during weekdays appears to be just a reruns of CBS Evening News back to back. Locally the CBS O&O (like many) rerun Dr. Phil and JIP’d the CBS Morning News in progress but since the whole covid thing it’s just been repeats of the evening news.
SO
Soupnzi
Could be an update on the proposed new channel very soon (today)
BR
Brekkie

CBS Weekend News has been coming from the DC Bureau flash cam but I think they went to LA once or twice using network talent. The CBS Morning News block during weekdays appears to be just a reruns of CBS Evening News back to back. Locally the CBS O&O (like many) rerun Dr. Phil and JIP’d the CBS Morning News in progress but since the whole covid thing it’s just been repeats of the evening news.

Thanks. I meant the main breakfast show but forget what it is called nowadays. Is it CBS This Morning?

Newer posts