The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019

TV
TVNewsviewer Central (West) Midlands Today
"Oh. [Sigh.] I asked... [Puffs air, remembering she is on live television and can't swear.] Well, a very good afternoon...." Laughing
CM
cmthwtv West Country (East) Points West
After realising that I don’t actually watch the news for the news half the time, I have sat down watching the ten for just the news.

However, tonight, I have been struck with such a shocking development. Since when is this camera angle used - on the Ten?

I next expect Sophie to tell us “in a moment we will be joined by viewers on BBC One...”

RN
Rolling News Central (East) East Midlands Today
After realising that I don’t actually watch the news for the news half the time, I have sat down watching the ten for just the news.

However, tonight, I have been struck with such a shocking development. Since when is this camera angle used - on the Ten?

I next expect Sophie to tell us “in a moment we will be joined by viewers on BBC One...”

Wow, scale it back a bit, LOL!

I’ve seen it used before on the senior bulletins. I’m sure as well they’ve used a fake backdrop of the newsroom on that screen behind the presenter to try and trick us into thinking they’re sitting down, when in fact they’re just making it easier for them to tell the next story from the catwalk.
Last edited by Rolling News on 2 July 2020 10:31pm
bkman1990 and cmthwtv gave kudos
RN
"Oh. [Sigh.] I asked... [Puffs air, remembering she is on live television and can't swear.] Well, a very good afternoon...." Laughing

Lol bless she did seem a bit stressed this afternoon. Emphasised at the end after a story about pubs reopening she said something like “how much I’m looking forward to a drink, especially after this week and this afternoon !”.
CM

Wow, scale it back a bit, LOL!

I’ve seen it used before on the senior bulletins. I’m sure as well they’ve used a fake backdrop of the newsroom on that screen behind the presenter to try and trick us into thinking they’re sitting down, when in fact they’re just making it easier for them to tell the next story from the catwalk.

I might’ve been slightly exaggerating. But I simply couldn’t believe my eyes. Very Happy
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
They tend to use that angle if they are just going through a bit of news in brief before the next big story is done from the catwalk
bkman1990 and SuperSajuuk gave kudos
LE
lesmauresfr (previously nagolhcir) Meridian (South East) South East Today
Anyone a fan of Outside Source? I personally think it’s "had its time" and is a little dull.
Any ops?
Brekkie and Independent gave kudos
SP
Steve in Pudsey Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)
It does sound like Jane had quite a tricky shift. In addition to the camera issue and starting the bulletin at the desk rather than the catwalk, there was an autocue glitch during the One as well.

It does sound like the technology might not have been playing ball. I remember one occasion, possibly back in N6, where the radio talk back failed so the solution was to use wires TalkBack available at the desk.
Write that down in your copybook now.
RN
Anyone a fan of Outside Source? I personally think it’s "had its time" and is a little dull.
Any ops?

It was alright when it started but it's now had its day. They need to scrap it and Beyond 100 Days and come up with a new show aimed at a global audience to simulcast on World between 8-10pm, then have a 'News 24 Tonight' style programme between 7-8pm on the News Channel.
CM
I’m not going to get into my opinions about Outside Source... but why did they continue with it during the “simplified service”? It’s not done in the same place, and for ages, with the same presenter?

Does anyone know why they kept it?
LX
lxflyer UTV Newsline
I’m not going to get into my opinions about Outside Source... but why did they continue with it during the “simplified service”? It’s not done in the same place, and for ages, with the same presenter?

Like World News America and Focus on Africa it is sold to other broadcasters for re-broadcast.
AN
Andrew Founding member Yorkshire Look North (Yorkshire)

Like World News America and Focus on Africa it is sold to other broadcasters for re-broadcast.

Even though half the time during the main part of the pandemic it was nowhere near the normal format

Newer posts