The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
NE
News96
They must be announcing something (since i think it was said that's what they would bring it back for) to do with the schools tomorrow, although i wouldn't be surprised if the Leicester lockdown gets a look in.
JO
Jonwo
It did say they weren't scrapping the briefings entirely, just that it wasn't going to be daily.
NE
News96
But they didn't say it was going to be weekly either (although i wouldn't be surprised if this does turn out to be the case) to remind ourselves of what was tweeted out last Tuesday.

HA
harshy Founding member
I think we still need it, it gave the false illusion when Boris stopped these daily ones that coronavirus has been defeated when it hasnt.
NL
Ne1L C
I think we still need it, it gave the false illusion when Boris stopped these daily ones that coronavirus has been defeated when it hasnt.

The feeling I got from the news conferences is that they were simply giving the official word to decisions and developments hat had been released or leaked to the media before. BBC News' website would at about 4PM give some "spoilers" for want of a better word
CM
cmthwtv
It won’t be a significant announcement will it. This government would’ve announced by now the announcement that they plan to announce tomorrow. Like they did with the roadmap, schools, non-essential retail...
RN
Rolling News
Good job they didn't reinstate the BBC News at Five after all then.
CM
cmthwtv
Doesn’t seem as though BBC One are taking the press conference. Then again, schedules are often left until the last minute.
BR
Brekkie
Doesn’t seem as though BBC One are taking the press conference. Then again, schedules are often left until the last minute.

Pointless is currently scheduled on BBC1 and BBC2 so I suspect it'll appear on BBC1.
MF
Matthew_Fieldhouse

Pointless is currently scheduled on BBC1 and BBC2 so I suspect it'll appear on BBC1.

News Special is scheduled for BBC One at 16:30, press conference returns
NE
News96
And it looks like the Press conference is happening tomorrow as well!

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-boris-johnson-warns-people-not-to-overdo-it-as-pubs-prepare-to-reopen-on-saturday-12019631
AN
Andrew Founding member
I hope we get the medical and scientific representatives as well and not one of those low key ones we had towards the end where just a minister appeared

Newer posts