The Newsroom

Coronavirus | Television News Coverage

(February 2020)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
HA
harshy Founding member
Someone spelt the virus Coronavirus as Cornavirus this afternoon.
JF
JF World News
If its 100 days since UK lockdown began maybe it's time to relaunch Beyond 100 Days
RK
Rkolsen
I don’t know where to put this so I’ll put it here as the Coronavirus have affected TV coverage.

Do any of you think that perhaps once the BBC is done streamlining newscasts it will open up to cancellations of certain shows that may have speciality staffs? I am not necessarily talking about firing people or switching presenting shifts but make them normal bulletins where staffers could be freed up for longer form content.

I’m thinking of shows such as

- Worklife that could easily be reverted back to a business half hour
- Live with Lucy Hockings
- Beyond 100 Days could go single headed either alternating between DC and London with one presenter giving a brief report. They could keep the style but make reports that can be used on other bulletins.
- Talking Business with Aaron Hesslehurst could be a generic business update.
- The Briefing seems like it could stay as it’s essentially the same as it’s predecessor.
HA
harshy Founding member
Are these shows even coming back ? sounds like the coronavirus has made these bbc world shows gone for good along with Studio B.
RN
Rolling News
AlexS posted:
That live report from Leicester on the One was like a comedy sketch with loads of random people walking past in the background, funny characters, delivery bikes, and then to top it all a bloke on a mobility scooter at the end.

Although it did a good job of showing what the problem in containing the virus in the city is. Why on earth were so many idiots in a city centre where everything is closed.

Welcome to Leicester.
RK
Rkolsen
Are these shows even coming back ? sounds like the coronavirus has made these bbc world shows gone for good along with Studio B.

That’s what I’m wondering. People still have their hosts that I assume is a big reason why people tune in but a generic branding now. Doubt people when they start will be saying oh why isn’t Work Life or Live with Lucy Hockings back on when Sally Bundock is already hosting a business show and Lucy Hockings has been doing a generic show.
NE
Newsroom
I reckon Beyond 100 Days will morph into something new and geared toward the Election which is approaching fast.

I'd imagine there'll be no need for a presenter in London.
CM
cmthwtv
The issue is with Beyond 100 Days... not just the name, but IF Trump isn’t re-elected, the whole purpose of the programme no longer remains.
NL
Ne1L C
The issue is with Beyond 100 Days... not just the name, but IF Trump isn’t re-elected, the whole purpose of the programme no longer remains.

Maybe it'll be renamed Beyond 1000 Days Very Happy

Seriously though If Trump isn't re-elected I feel it will be renamed something such as Focus USA or just simply create a new dual headed programme presented from both London and Washington designed inform both Americans in the US and American ex-pats in the UK
CM
cmthwtv

Maybe it'll be renamed Beyond 1000 Days Very Happy

Seriously though If Trump isn't re-elected I feel it will be renamed something such as Focus USA or just simply create a new dual headed programme presented from both London and Washington designed inform both Americans in the US and American ex-pats in the UK

I only was getting into it just before reduced news service, which was a shame.

But I think it’s a great programme. But without it brexit and trump the whole central storyline of the programme that it was this time last year just ceases to exist.
SuperSajuuk and Ne1L C gave kudos
JF
JF World News
Couldn't Live with Victoria Derbyshire and Lucy Hockings alternate between 9-11 Victoria & 11 - 1 Lucy. (Sorry) Nancy Kacugria started presenting her normal slot on Sunday, so could WNT be returning replacing Outside Source on Friday's and weekends,
NE
News96
Newsroom Live gets in the way so no!

Newer posts