The Newsroom

BBC News (UK) presentation - Reith launch onwards

From Monday 15th July 2019 (July 2019)

This site closed in March 2021 and is now a read-only archive
CM
cmthwtv
In other news.. tonight, for the second week running, at 10 past 10... it’s the BBC News at Ten.

Oh, and America on the News Channel, I presume.
Newsroom and Matthew_Fieldhouse gave kudos
AN
Andrew Founding member
chris posted:
I really didn't want to have to bring this up for the 50,000th time but these hour long headline sequences on the 1,6 and 10 are doing my head in. Do I really need to find out someones reaction to the Prime Ministers announcement in the headlines? Are most viewers really unaware that you'll "be asking what this means, how it will work and how long I can carry on talking about it for. Also on the programme"

Just hit me with the headlines please.
I don't care what Bob from Bristol thinks, especially in the headlines.
I tend to expect a news programme to analyse this, so you don't need to tell me what you are doing.

Rant over. Sorry.

I find it very annoying, particularly if the SOT used in the headlines is repeated just two minutes later in the first package.

We have this conversation a lot but I wonder if there are any BBC insiders on here who could actually shed light on the reasons for such long headline sequences. Is there evidence that audiences like them, even if TV Forum doesn’t? Or people are more likely to keep watching?

Indeed, for example today the headline could just be ‘The PM sets out his plans to boost the economy after the Coronavirus”

You don’t need the clip of him saying it, you don’t need the clip of Labour disagreeing with it, you don’t need the ‘we’ll be finding out what this means..’ line, as all that will no doubt follow within 2 minutes anyway.
MA
Meridian AM
In other news.. tonight, for the second week running, at 10 past 10... it’s the BBC News at Ten.

Oh, and America on the News Channel, I presume.

Yes, BBC 'News America' from Washington is on the BBC News UK channel at 10. The headlines sequence all about US news... top story Trump. Rolling Eyes

Meanwhile ITV and Sky leading on Leicester and Boris.
VA
valley
Meanwhile ITV and Sky leading on Leicester and Boris.

Technically Sky are leading on the Shropshire baby deaths scandal...
NE
Newsroom
Why is the ten late again for some rubbish tv that’s not worthy of prime time? If it were anything special then fair enough.

Now Newsbight gets pushed. LAME!
CM
cmthwtv
Can’t they run Huw for 10 minutes? Sport?

If this happens next week then well, it’s got to be the first time it’s been on at a different time routinely for a comedy/drama?
MO
Moz
Why is the ten late again for some rubbish tv that’s not worthy of prime time? If it were anything special then fair enough.

The BAFTA winning Talking Heads, "rubbish TV"? Really?
Brekkie, Steve Williams and TVMan gave kudos
FC
FrancesC
Can’t they run Huw for 10 minutes? Sport?

If this happens next week then well, it’s got to be the first time it’s been on at a different time routinely for a comedy/drama?

2nd time this year. The Ten was delayed on two successive Mondays beginning 4 May due to Normal People, although the BBC One version of the drama had been shortened.
NE
Newsroom
Moz posted:

‘News at When’ has its home on another channel, not on the BBC, and certainly not to the detriment of having to shunt Newsmight to almost 11pm.

Also, the Ten and Newsnight are BAFTA winning TV programmes.
FC
FrancesC
Is the old background still in use?
MO
Moz
Moz posted:

‘News at When’ has its home on another channel, not on the BBC, and certainly not to the detriment of having to shunt Newsmight to almost 11pm.

Also, the Ten and Newsnight are BAFTA winning TV programmes.

I agree with everything you say in that post, which doesn’t in any way deal with what I said about Talking Heads.
JW
JamesWorldNews

Newer posts